Jump to unread

If you hover over the activity button in the nav bar at the top, you will have a row pop up that has "unread content" in it. 

• Thanks 1
  • Like 3
  • Love 1

What's today?............. the most frequently asked question as a retiree 🙄

Chris and Stacie Neuhaus Greenfield, Indiana

2021 Ford F350 7.3L Tremor (Redzilla)

LE2 #1373 - Ordered 10/21/22 - Delivered 05/10/23

States Visited Map

• Moderator+
On 4/20/2023 at 7:44 AM, Ollie-Haus said:

If you hover over the activity button in the nav bar at the top, you will have a row pop up that has "unread content" in it. 

Thanks for that, I saw it once long ago in the past and could never figure out how to do it again.  Yea....

• Like 2

Steve, Tali and our dog Rocky plus our beloved Storm, Maggie, Lucy and Reacher (all waiting at the Rainbow Bridge)

2008 Legacy Elite I - Outlaw Oliver, Hull #026 | 2014 Legacy Elite II - Outlaw Oliver, Hull #050 | 2022 Silverado High Country 3500HD SRW Diesel 4x4 

801469912_StatesVisitedTaliandSteve08-23-2021-I.jpg.26814499292ab76ee55b889b69ad3ef0.jpg1226003278_StatesVisitedTaliandSteve08-23-2021-H.jpg.dc46129cb4967a7fd2531b16699e9e45.jpg

On 4/20/2023 at 7:44 AM, Ollie-Haus said:

I was asking about going to what I have not read in a specific thread

This is how our forum here shows what is not read

image.thumb.png.6b0fba2c3282946a56ddaf1ec5bc45a3.png

Here is how iRV2 forum does it.

image.png.73a6209e0fee625f1164b84cf4e623e2.png

It is a very common function in other forums.  I do not think the Oliver forum has the function.

2023 Legacy Elite II - Twin Bed - Hull #1423

TV - 2015 Silverado 2500 Duramax 4x4

2 hours ago, HDRider said:

I do not think the Oliver forum has the function.

In the menu and under forums, as well as a button near the top right is "Unread Content", which shows a list of all threads that are new since your last visit, or unread in general. When this list is presented, there is a large ball or star to the left of the thread title. Clicking on this takes you directly to the first unread post. The ones with stars are threads that you have participated in.

My typical forum visit (on my desktop) is to poke the Unread Content button, and then once the list is presented, I'll Command-Click (right-click?) all of the balls or starts I'm interested in reading. This opens them all up in new tabs. Once done, I mark all threads as read if I skipped any, so that I'm caught up for the next visit.

• Like 5

-----
Steve - Northern Ohio, USA
Wandering around on occasion, always lost.
2021 Toyota Land Cruiser - 2023 Oliver Elite II Twin Hull #1360 “Curiosity”
Facebook - Instagram

Camped in Curiosity = Green —— Visited with Curiosity = Gray

map.jpg

18 hours ago, Steve Morris said:

In the menu and under forums, as well as a button near the top right is "Unread Content", which shows a list of all threads that are new since your last visit, or unread in general. When this list is presented, there is a large ball or star to the left of the thread title. Clicking on this takes you directly to the first unread post. The ones with stars are threads that you have participated in.

My typical forum visit (on my desktop) is to poke the Unread Content button, and then once the list is presented, I'll Command-Click (right-click?) all of the balls or starts I'm interested in reading. This opens them all up in new tabs. Once done, I mark all threads as read if I skipped any, so that I'm caught up for the next visit.

That's it!  A little different, but that IS it.  Thanks

• Like 1

2023 Legacy Elite II - Twin Bed - Hull #1423

TV - 2015 Silverado 2500 Duramax 4x4