Finding a camping spot - Apps That Help

HDRider

I just started with this forum, and am trying to be patient as I wait for my Ollie.

I think I saw these apps on this forum.  I thought if I stated a thread others could add apps they like, or comment on the apps that are listed.

Feel free to add any tricks you use to find a spot.  Everything I read talks about how hard it is to find a spot.

• Like 2

2023 Legacy Elite II - Twin Bed - Hull #1423

TV - 2015 Silverado 2500 Duramax 4x4

https://wanderinglabs.com/

Camping has never been more popular and thus campgrounds are often completely full and reserved months in advance. Your only chance to camp is to hope someone's plans change and they cancel their reservation. Freeing up space for you.

How will you know there is now a few nights available? We will tell you. Our service checks for available campsites every few minutes and sends off an email giving you a heads up. That's it. That simple. It will be then up to you to actually reserve the open spot.

I'm Tim and I had a problem. My wife and I live fulltime in our Airstream and hate planning more then a month or two in advance but we love staying at our awesome (and well used) public campgrounds. I built this service to solve a problem and then decided to share. If you have comments or questions you can email me at: info@wanderinglabs.com. I'll do my best to get back to you.

Wandering Labs is a creation of Tim Watson

Wandering Labs is not affiliated with, maintained by, or in any way officially connected with Reserve California, Recreation.gov, Reserve America, or Active Network.

• Like 1

https://www.rvparky.com/

RV Parky is an RV Park directory built by a full time RV'er with the help of the RV community to help fellow RV'ers on the road. Here you can find information, images, and reviews for the most complete collection of RV Parks and campgrounds in the United States and Canada.

• Like 1

https://harvesthosts.com/

Harvest Hosts is an RV membership program that allows self-contained travelers to overnight at unique locations around the country including farms, wineries, museums, breweries, and more!  With 4820+ of host locations inside of our ever-expanding network, there’s an amazing experience waiting for everyone. 

A Harvest Hosts Membership includes – 

• Unlimited stays with 4389+ Hosts in North America with no camping fees.
  • Stay at farms, wineries, attractions, breweries, and more
  • Over $1500 in exclusive Member discounts to companies such as GoodYear, Jackery, Thousand Trails, etc.
  • Photos and reviews from fellow RVers so you know exactly what to expect
  • Access our free mobile app (iOS and Android)
  • Check Host availability and easily book your stay on our website or app
  • Plan stays along your route with our trip routing feature
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, HDRider said:

https://harvesthosts.com/

Harvest Hosts is an RV membership program that allows self-contained travelers to overnight at unique locations around the country including farms, wineries, museums, breweries, and more!  With 4820+ of host locations inside of our ever-expanding network, there’s an amazing experience waiting for everyone. 

A Harvest Hosts Membership includes – 

• Unlimited stays with 4389+ Hosts in North America with no camping fees.
  • Stay at farms, wineries, attractions, breweries, and more
  • Over $1500 in exclusive Member discounts to companies such as GoodYear, Jackery, Thousand Trails, etc.
  • Photos and reviews from fellow RVers so you know exactly what to expect
  • Access our free mobile app (iOS and Android)
  • Check Host availability and easily book your stay on our website or app
  • Plan stays along your route with our trip routing feature

The only caution flag I will give Harvest Host new subscribers is be sure you uncheck  the box stating you don’t want the auto renewal fine print. If you miss this in the new member registration process they will auto charge what ever card you paid the initial fee when you’re up for renewal. Don’t ask me how I know. 

Patriot🇺🇸

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Wow 1

2020 OLEII - Hull #634 aka-  “XPLOR” 

2021 F350 6.7 liter Diesel Lariat Ultimate Tremor 

IMG_2879.jpeg

14 minutes ago, Patriot said:

The only caution flag I will give Harvest Host new subscribers is be sure you uncheck  the box stating you don’t want the auto renewal fine print. If you miss this in the new member registration process they will auto charge what ever card you paid the initial fee when you’re up for renewal. Don’t ask me how I know. 

Patriot🇺🇸

RVParky auto renews too

• Like 1

• The title was changed to Finding a camping spot - Apps That Help

I've read that the Oliver plays well in our favor when finding camp sites. The larger sites are always gone first, but the smaller ones that the LE2 still fit into are often left available for obvious reasons. 

Also you can call the campground directly and check for cancellations. It's very common for folks to reserve just in case and cancel at the last minute. I don't remember who said it but they said they never make reservations months in advance and have never been unable to find a spot on short notice. I'm sure the very popular destinations are an exception but otherwise that's reassuring. 

• Like 3

What's today?............. the most frequently asked question as a retiree 🙄

Chris and Stacie Neuhaus Greenfield, Indiana

2021 Ford F350 7.3L Tremor (Redzilla)

LE2 #1373 - Ordered 10/21/22 - Delivered 05/10/23

States Visited Map