Show us your furry traveling companions..............

Ollie-Haus

I did some searching for a thread of this type and didn't really find anything, so I thought I would start one. 

The idea is just a place to share photos and stories of your favorite traveling companions, Dogs, and stories that tell about your traveling pet experiences  and methods. 

There's a thread like this on another forum I've been a member of for a few years and it's been continuously popular over the years. 

So, post up your pooch pics and tell us what you love about them, how you acquired them and what it's like traveling with them. 

We currently have two registered Border Terriers. The each weigh between 15 and 20 pounds and pretty much go everywhere with us. Cohen is a six year old male and Hallie is a seven year old female. Each came to us as nearly grown pups and have been through the whole obedience training thing. They're great travelers, and know no strangers. They love kids and love to explore. Unlike many terriers, they really don't bark very much and are quite pleasant to be around for most people. 

Cohen on the left, Hallie right. 

image.jpeg.405fed262bdbdbae506d01c0d436d562.jpeg

Independence Day attire 

image.jpeg.a0d8d8a579c4f5a8bdd2bebc69f26031.jpeg

Come on dad let's hit the road

image.jpeg.baebe703b5168965bbe8da983114d4d8.jpeg

• Thanks 2
  • Like 5
  • Love 2

What's today?............. the most frequently asked question as a retiree 🙄

Chris and Stacie Neuhaus Greenfield, Indiana

2021 Ford F350 7.3L Tremor (Redzilla)

LE2 #1373 - Ordered 10/21/22 - Delivered 05/10/23

States Visited Map

My wife wanted pup to be able to travel up front with us. Built a platform between the truck's front seats that wraps behind the driver's seat (L shaped). Covered the platform with a custom shaped dog bed. This makes my wife happy, pup would be fine hanging in the back.

image.thumb.jpeg.efa9d2e14fc92597ae21d6d5a155c9c3.jpeg

• Like 5
  • Love 2

2016 Legacy Elite II, Twin Beds, Hull #124

Tow Vehicle: 2019 Ford F250 4x4  / Short Bed / Crew Cab / 6.7 Diesel

Fieldbrook, Ca

1 hour ago, taylor.coyote said:

My wife wanted pup to be able to travel up front with us. Built a platform between the truck's front seats that wraps behind the driver's seat (L shaped). Covered the platform with a custom shaped dog bed. This makes my wife happy, pup would be fine hanging in the back.

image.thumb.jpeg.efa9d2e14fc92597ae21d6d5a155c9c3.jpeg

Best buds I can tell. Great pic!😊

• Like 1
  • Love 1

States Visited Map

Ebony is the black Lab - 12 months.  Maggie-Lou is the yellow, 22 months.   Both are Southeastern Guide Dogs.   Ebony is a Guide-Dog-In-Training.   Maggie-Lou is used for breeding Guide & Service dogs.  

IMG_4885.jpeg

IMG_7507.jpeg

• Like 6
  • Love 4

“Ramble” - 2021 Legacy Elite II #797;  2020 Ford F-250

11 hours ago, Ollie-Haus said:

The idea is just a place to share photos and stories of your favorite traveling companions, Dogs, and stories that tell about your traveling pet experiences  and methods. 

Great idea, Ollie-Haus!  

We take our "Fur-Baby" everywhere.  Although we're new to the Ollie family, for sure - we've been able to transition 25+ years of RV'ing, backpacking, and general out-of-doors puppy practices/experience to make it work as comfortably as possible for Magnus in our OTT.  

We've met a ton of Fur-Baby RV'ers over the years with dogs, cats, dogs 'n cats, birds, pigs, and even a monkey!  I'm thinking we pet-lovers all have many things in common, but in particular, an underlying theme:   We tend to gravitate to RV'ing/camping because we can accommodate and have our pets during our road trips without the expense of a "Puppy Hotel" while being away.

It may take a bit of pre-trip planning is all, right?  

FYI, here are some of the aspects we always consider:

1. What are the pet "Rules" at the destination(s) - are they even allowed?;

2. Pet food/water/treats, etc. - enough for the trip duration?;

3. Collar w/tracking device (we use Apple AirTags), campsite lanyard (20-foot), floatation vest (if needed), boots (if needed), 

4. "Service Dog" vest, if so trained;

5. If other families are joining in a "caravan" - are their Fur-Babies compatible with ours?

There's probably more than those listed above - but y'all get the idea....

Cute Story:  We're camping in Flagstaff, AZ - Magnus is maybe 8-9 months old and we met an Irish couple there with their wolfhound that was the same age as ours.  Check out the size difference!IMG_0149.thumb.jpeg.5bf3f503a1bb1a47a05211f07c0a3f10.jpeg

For us, our pets literally bring us so much happiness an fun that being without them on a trip seems like a foreign thought!  

70268858286__187D7515-5A40-4081-BDA0-7123CA4D10EE.thumb.jpeg.3f514066604ca3f7cfebf77526c00e32.jpeg

Cheers/Woof!

• Like 3
  • Love 3

spacer.png

Art, Diane, Oscar & Magnus (double-Aaarrf!)

• 2022 TUNDRA w/Airlift Load Lifter 5000 kit/2017 LE II; Hull #226 "Casablanca", 12VDC Starlink kit, 3x Battle Borns; Victron Cerbo GX, SmartShunt, MPPT Solar Controller, & DC-DC Charger; HAM call-sign:  W0ABX

Aspen - getting introduced to our new Ollie.  She is a rescue and still very high strung but with time we hope can calm down and not go on alert at every sound she hears outside the Trailer.  

63454294-52A4-407C-B1D0-862D1E299550.jpeg

• Like 5
  • Love 3

Mike & Marianne Hermann, Scottsdale AZ

2022 RAM 2500 Hemi 4x4

Elite II Hull #1337

• Moderators

Bosker is a rare breed MIKI, and at 9.5 Lbs, he is a perfect fit inside my 2008 Elite. I often tell fellow travelers that for me, "It's all about the dog".  Just ask him and Bosker will proudly tell you he's the center of the universe.  His picture adorns the front of The Wonder Egg.  We'll be at the rally this year,  Stop by and meet Bosker, but look out, you may sucked into his orbit!  

Bosker.jpg

IMG_0307.jpeg

IMG_2314.jpg

Bosker Marks.jpg

Bosker 4:29:22.jpeg

• Like 5
  • Love 3

Pete & "Bosker".    TV -  '18 F150 Super-cab Fx4; RV  - "The Wonder Egg";   '08 Elite, Hull Number 014.

Travel blog of 1st 10 years' wanderings - http://www.peteandthewonderegg.blogspot.com

visited-united-states-map (2).pngvisited-canadian-provinces-map.png

ABBCMBNBNLNSONPEQCSKYTALAKAZARCACOCTFLGAHIIDILINIAKSKYLAMEMDMAMIMNMSMOMTNENVNHNJNMNYNCNDOHOKORPAPRSCSDTNTXUTVTVAWAWVWIWYsm.jpg

40 minutes ago, bugeyedriver said:

Bosker is a rare breed MIKI, and at 9.5 Lbs, he is a perfect fit inside my 2008 Elite. I often tell fellow travelers that for me, "It's all about the dog".  Just ask him and Bosker will proudly tell you he's the center of the universe.  His picture adorns the front of The Wonder Egg.  We'll be at the rally this year,  Stop by and meet Bosker, but look out, you may sucked into his orbit!  

Bosker.jpg

IMG_0307.jpeg

IMG_2314.jpg

Bosker Marks.jpg

Bosker 4:29:22.jpeg

Bosker is very photogenic and looks like an easy traveler. 

• Like 1

States Visited Map

• Moderators

Our dog Liv (means life, in Norwegian) and Bosker are good camping buddies. 

She's looking forward to camping with Bosker again. (As are we.)

20191009_140836.jpg

• Like 4
  • Love 3

2008 Ram 1500 4 × 4

2008 Oliver Elite, Hull #12

Florida and Western North Carolina, or wherever the truck goes....

400 watts solar. DC compressor fridge. No inverter. 2 x 105 ah agm batteries .  Life is good.

Meet Tilly! 
Our Great Pyrenees. She loves going places, and is becoming a real good camper. She loves walking on footpaths in the woods. We’re teaching her to not bark at everything that moves, and she’s getting better every trip. At night she curls up by the door, out of the way in our Oliver. In the car, she has the back seat area all to herself (we took out the rear seats). 22 months old, and is pretty good girl' but sometimes behaving like a moody teenager. She never goes off leash outside, and wears a “FI” tracking collar. She thinks everyone is here to give affection and belly-rubs. Pretty chill dog overall.

IMG_5352.jpeg

IMG_5275.jpeg

• Like 7
  • Love 2

LeBill

Elite I  Hull 1352  

2021 Jeep Gladiator

Northwestern NC (retired)

• Moderators
10 hours ago, topgun2 said:

Does Dolly know Liv and Bosker?

Bosker and Dolly have not met yet, but it appears they are kindred compact companions, like Liv.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

Pete & "Bosker".    TV -  '18 F150 Super-cab Fx4; RV  - "The Wonder Egg";   '08 Elite, Hull Number 014.

Travel blog of 1st 10 years' wanderings - http://www.peteandthewonderegg.blogspot.com

visited-united-states-map (2).pngvisited-canadian-provinces-map.png

ABBCMBNBNLNSONPEQCSKYTALAKAZARCACOCTFLGAHIIDILINIAKSKYLAMEMDMAMIMNMSMOMTNENVNHNJNMNYNCNDOHOKORPAPRSCSDTNTXUTVTVAWAWVWIWYsm.jpg

• 6 months later...

OK...

We're officially a 2-Husky family now.  Our daughter moved from the Great SW to Chicago last weekend and left us with her "Oscar" (rhymes with Boxcar)...  Here now in  Wilcox, AZ on Mighty Oscar's (the black and white one) first-ever RV trip with his little brother, Magnus (the white one).

Screenshot2023-11-04at08_52_36.thumb.png.ac1cac9cb7888582ebdec352bc45d0dc.png

• Like 3
  • Love 2

spacer.png

• 2022 TUNDRA w/Airlift Load Lifter 5000 kit/2017 LE II; Hull #226 "Casablanca", 12VDC Starlink kit, 3x Battle Borns; Victron Cerbo GX, SmartShunt, MPPT Solar Controller, & DC-DC Charger; HAM call-sign:  W0ABX

Cool thread, we all love "men's best friend!" We haven't traveled much yet in our Oliver. So, the first two pics are when we had the Bigfoot Class-C, a fall trip to Williams and Sycamore Canyon, Arizona (2nd largest canyon in AZ).
Meet our 9-year-old English Springer Spaniel named Charley!

Chris caught me napping, something I literally never do! So, it was picture-worthy. In the spot where I removed the uncomfortable loveseat for other seating and more room. The third pic is when we first purchased our Oliver in June. Charley made himself right at home while we were removing the 'stink' of past owners.

Charlie.JPG

JD and Charley.JPG

Charley.jpg

• Like 3
  • Love 2

Chris & John in Prescott, AZ | 2016 EII #113 | '01 Ram 2500 Cummins!

Our two Tollers (Nova Scotia Duck Tolling Retrievers), Bob and Cash, are always ready and waiting to go camping or to the brewery. They definitely make us laugh every day and are great travelers once they settle in after the first 20 miles and know it's a longer trip.

Bob on the Floor.jpg

Cash on the Floor.jpg

Ollie Boys.jpg

• Like 3
  • Love 3

2021 LE II - Hull 922 - 2013 Silverado 2500HD Duramax

The boys are ready to rock a 5-mile hike this morning in the Chiricahua mountains just east of our boon dock location near Willcox, AZ...

image.thumb.png.e935a35a8309294445867fe8de7d95c7.png

• Like 3
  • Love 2

spacer.png

Love all the great pics and stories folks are sharing. Keep them coming and everyone jump in and share your pet joy!

Morning squirrel watch currently:

image.thumb.jpeg.6e03fc888caa1eed901d4b0b84eb685c.jpeg

Freshly groomed for the Fall season the other day:

image.thumb.jpeg.419d9c1bc79e68b26fd991554c0d7f64.jpeg

• Like 3
  • Love 2

States Visited Map

3 hours ago, jd1923 said:

How do you guys have room for 2 big dogs in an Oliver?! 🤣

Big?  Fritz is only 92 pounds, Ketzel a mere 72.   

To be honest, it’s tight, really tight.  Fritz can’t even turn around between the beds, he backs out. 

• Haha 3
  • Wow 1

Hull #364 - The Roadrunner 

2023 F350 CCLB SRW 6.7L

ALAKAZARCACOFLGAHIIDILINIAKSKYLAMAMNMSMO

110# of Huskies in the back coming home from our first 2-dog adventure - they pretty much take up the entire back seat...

Screenshot2023-11-05at16_50_51.thumb.png.bc1ce87ebaa0d2946e7a2dc0c86c4aa9.png

• Like 7
  • Love 2

spacer.png