Simplifying electrical with a Jackery 3000 Pro Portable Power unit?

I wonder if someone will someday rip out some of the complexity having solar, batteries, inverters, etc, and put in place a Jackery 3000 Pro, or something similar.  Where everything is built in to the power unit.  If it goes bad, just replace entire unit.  Bam, done!

I thought I had posted here back in 2021, but could not find my thread, but I once left the fridge on DC over night and it drained my four 81 AH batteries to just under 50% state of charge.  The sun was not yet up so I placed my Jackery 1000 on the tail gate of the truck and using a dog-bone directly plugged the Oliver into the Jackery using the front 30amp receptacle.  Worked like a charm and quickly got my house batteries to around 70% charge by the time the sun came up and my solar panels could take over.  

I'm envisioning an easy plug & play system where the Jackery (or other good system) has everything built-in.  The 3000 pro now has bluetooth app to manage the system and a 30 AMP RV receptacle. Heck, no more need for a generator, place Jackery inside, run 30 amp cable thru window screen to plug in trailer.  LOL. Sure, a bit redneck, but that's what made America.  🙂 

Maybe some day.  Hey Oliver, call Jackery.  Make a new cutting edge industry first system.  It goes nicely with Oliver quality.  IMHO.

🙂 

• Like 4

Chris
2016 Legacy Elite II  o--o  Hull #110 o--o  Wayfinder  o--o  Twin Bed  o--o  2020 RAM 1500 Limited 5.7L 
Augusta, Georgia

• Moderator+
3 hours ago, Wayfinder said:

I wonder if someone will someday rip out some of the complexity having solar, batteries, inverters, etc, and put in place a Jackery 3000 Pro, or something similar.  Where everything is built in to the power unit.  If it goes bad, just replace entire unit.  Bam, done!

I doubt it. 

• Like 4
  • Wow 1

Steve, Tali and our dog Rocky plus our beloved Storm, Maggie, Lucy and Reacher (all waiting at the Rainbow Bridge)

2008 Legacy Elite I - Outlaw Oliver, Hull #026 | 2014 Legacy Elite II - Outlaw Oliver, Hull #050 | 2022 Silverado High Country 3500HD SRW Diesel 4x4 

801469912_StatesVisitedTaliandSteve08-23-2021-I.jpg.26814499292ab76ee55b889b69ad3ef0.jpg1226003278_StatesVisitedTaliandSteve08-23-2021-H.jpg.dc46129cb4967a7fd2531b16699e9e45.jpg

HA, I found my picture of when I had to charge my house batteries with a Jackery 1000 until the sun came up.  LOL. Worked great.

Talk about a convenient location for a plug. 

Jackery-Charge.jpg

• Like 3

Chris
2016 Legacy Elite II  o--o  Hull #110 o--o  Wayfinder  o--o  Twin Bed  o--o  2020 RAM 1500 Limited 5.7L 
Augusta, Georgia

• Moderators
31 minutes ago, Wayfinder said:

HA, I found my picture of when I had to charge my house batteries with a Jackery 1000 until the sun came up.  LOL. Worked great.

Jackery-Charge.jpg

There are a myriad of ways to accomplish our goals. I'm a big believer in using what you already own, if you can reasonably make it work. 

Congratulations on finding yours. 

• Thanks 1
  • Like 3

2008 Ram 1500 4 × 4

2008 Oliver Elite, Hull #12

Florida and Western North Carolina, or wherever the truck goes....

400 watts solar. DC compressor fridge. No inverter. 2 x 105 ah agm batteries .  Life is good.

11 hours ago, Wayfinder said:

Jackery-Charge.jpg

I like your Super Brute jack, it has a light on the front as opposed to ours which has the light on the side ( for some reason, not very useful ).  

• Like 2

Tom & Doreen • 2023 Elite ll • Hull #1321 • 2023 Tundra Platinum Crew Max • Cheshire CT 

States1.jpg

I'm not sure why the TT has that front jack, but I like it and it has essentially no maintenance. Maybe the previous owner put it on.  

• Like 1

Chris
Augusta, Georgia

• Moderators
15 hours ago, Wayfinder said:

I'm not sure why the TT has that front jack, but I like it and it has essentially no maintenance. Maybe the previous owner put it on.  

I'd bet that your front jack is a replacement for the original jack that was in this location.

On 5/5/2023 at 9:25 AM, Tom and Doreen said:

I like your Super Brute jack, it has a light on the front as opposed to ours which has the light on the side ( for some reason, not very useful ).  

When the front storage basket was introduced it was necessary to rotate the front jack in order to make room for the basket while at the same time allow for the top of the "dog house" to be removed.  In turn - this caused the light on the front of the jack to now be shining to the side versus the front.  One way to tell if any Oliver is of the "older variety" is to look for this turned front jack.

Bill

• Like 3

2023 Ford F150 Lariat 3.5EB FX4 Max Towing, Max Payload, 2016 Oliver Elite II - Hull #117 "Twist"

42 minutes ago, topgun2 said:

I'd bet that your front jack is a replacement for the original jack that was in this location.

When the front storage basket was introduced it was necessary to rotate the front jack in order to make rom for the basket while at the same time allow for the top of the "dog house" to be removed.  In turn - this caused the light on the front of the jack to now be shining to the side versus the front.  One way to tell if any Oliver is of the "older variety" is to look for this turned front jack.

Bill

@topgun2 do you think my jack came from Oliver or was replaced by the first owner?

Thanks!

Chris
Augusta, Georgia

• Moderators
17 minutes ago, Wayfinder said:

do you think my jack came from Oliver or was replaced by the first owner?

I'm not aware of Oliver ever using that brand of jack - possible but I doubt it very seriously.

Therefore, I'd bet that it was replaced.  By Whom?

2023 Ford F150 Lariat 3.5EB FX4 Max Towing, Max Payload, 2016 Oliver Elite II - Hull #117 "Twist"