2 year anniversary, and first weekend without rain

2008RN

We bought our Oli and truck on the same day 2years ago yesterday. Note not from the same person. 

It has been a great 2 years of  camping both boondocking and with utilities.  I have learned so much.  Trying to find the campground I made a wrong turn and had to back out, then I found the park office to ask directions to the campground and then had to back around to get back out.  Then finally back into the space.  Each time backing up without a problem. 2years ago it took about a half a dozen shots to make it into a camp space. 

Also a reason to celebrate this will be the first weekend without rain. Going hiking today to see some of the waterfalls at Silver falls Oregon.  Sorry if the picture is upside down. I can’t seem to get it correct.

IMG_1674.jpeg.dcb50d58a13d6e64b6be0f95577d19a5 (2).jpeg

• Like 5
  • Love 1
  • Haha 2

Early 1999 Ford F250 SD 7.3L Diesel 

2020 Elite II Twin -  Hull # 648

4 hours ago, 2008RN said:

We bought our Oli and truck on the same day 2years ago yesterday. Note not from the same person. 

It has been a great 2 years of  camping both boondocking and with utilities.  I have learned so much.  Trying to find the campground I made a wrong turn and had to back out, then I found the park office to ask directions to the campground and then had to back around to get back out.  Then finally back into the space.  Each time backing up without a problem. 2years ago it took about a half a dozen shots to make it into a camp space. 

Also a reason to celebrate this will be the first weekend without rain. Going hiking today to see some of the waterfalls at Silver falls Oregon.  Sorry if the picture is upside down. I can’t seem to get it correct.
IMG_1674.thumb.jpeg.4d4d7afbd026c719e3c97c7d243af5c4.jpeg

Looks like you've mastered Oliver camping, even in the rare upside down camping sites! I'm sure this will get corrected, but glad you are getting out and about between rains. Looks like a beautiful location. We are entering early mushroom season here in Indiana and will be picking up the Oliver just in time. Can't wait! 

• Like 3

What's today?............. the most frequently asked question as a retiree 🙄

Chris and Stacie Neuhaus Greenfield, Indiana

2021 Ford F350 7.3L Tremor (Redzilla)

LE2 #1373 - Ordered 10/21/22 - Delivered 05/10/23

States Visited Map

4 hours ago, Tom and Doreen said:

Awesome location, enjoy!!  Attached an upright version of your picture. 

IMG_1674.jpeg

Thanks for straightening the picture. It looks much better with the sunny side up. Just finished hiking 4 miles and seeing seven different waterfalls. We have planned on having cheese fondue tonight. Take care and keep on camping.

• Like 1

• Moderators
2 hours ago, 2008RN said:

Thanks for straightening the picture. It looks much better with the sunny side up

Probably easier to sleep, too.

• Haha 2

2008 Ram 1500 4 × 4

2008 Oliver Elite, Hull #12

Florida and Western North Carolina, or wherever the truck goes....

400 watts solar. DC compressor fridge. No inverter. 2 x 105 ah agm batteries .  Life is good.

3 hours ago, Steph and Dud B said:

I know it's notoriously wet in the PNW, but please tell me this wasn't the first rain-free weekend in 2 years!!

Naw, just the last 4-5 months

• Haha 2