EZE RV Gutters

SeaDawg

• Moderators

I went to the eze rv gutters site today. Seems they only offer white, or black, these days. 

If you find colonial white, I guess it's old stock. It was beige-ish, and pretty ugly, but probably worked with a lot of the tan and brown sunblocker stick built class c's.

Polar white seems to have replaced the description of ultrawhite. Trimlok also makes a similar gutter trim, but we've not used it. Other products I've used from trimlok have been great, though.

The eze rv gutter is one of the best, and cheapest, mods we've ever done, imo.

• Like 1

2008 Ram 1500 4 × 4

2008 Oliver Elite, Hull #12

Florida and Western North Carolina, or wherever the truck goes....

400 watts solar. DC compressor fridge. No inverter. 2 x 105 ah agm batteries .  Life is good.

A while back I installed the rain gutters around the windows.  Great suggestion!  However, I'm getting rain water into the battery box area; more than I would like to see.  It's starting to corrode the tray parts.  

How bad would it look if I put a strip of gutter over the battery box hatch, and/or over the hatch vent holes? 

The pin-striping is in the way of where I would like to place a strip.

Has anyone come up with a better solution, or needed to?

olivery-rain-gutters-battery-box.thumb.png.63da3cbdc34113f09ee9fe0cfccb8563.png

Thanks, Chris

Chris
2016 Legacy Elite II  o--o  Hull #110 o--o  Wayfinder  o--o  Twin Bed  o--o  2020 RAM 1500 Limited 5.7L 
Augusta, Georgia

• Moderators
3 minutes ago, Wayfinder said:

Has anyone come up with a better solution, or needed to?

I would try a thicker gasket on the inside of the door.  I added a piece of rubber yoga mat and a piece of that waffle foam floor mats on the inside of the door for insulation.  It also makes for a snug door fit up against the existing gasket.  I don’t need the ventilation ports since I put in lithium batteries.  Mike

754BF8BA-518F-46E2-8A3F-263052FAD7D5.jpeg

• Thanks 1
  • Like 1

Texas Hill Country | 2016 Elite II #135 | 2020 Ram 2500 6.7L

ALAZARCACOFLGAIDILKSKYLAMDMSMOMTNENVNMNYNCNDOHOKSCSDTNTXUTVAWVWYsm.jpgALAZARCACOCTDEFLGAIDILINIAKSKYLAMEMDMAMS

Chris, have you tried tightening the door latch? If seal is in good shape it should not leak around the door perimeter. If the seal is bad, replace it before adding a gutter. I did place a straight section directly across the top of the fridge upper vent, that looks like a place where water would enter at will. I have not needed to put any others other than around all the windows….

John Davies

Spokane WA

• Thanks 2

SOLD 07/23 "Mouse":  2017 Legacy Elite II Two Beds, Hull Number 218, See my HOW TO threads: https://olivertraveltrailers.com/topic/john-e-davies-how-to-threads-and-tech-articles-links/

Tow Vehicle: 2013 Land Cruiser 200, 32” LT tires, airbags, Safari snorkel, Maggiolina Grand Tour 360 Carbon RTT.

• Moderators

From your photo,, it does look like your door sits a bit proud, and the latch could be tighter, or the gasket material needs replacing. Does the door move when pressed, after latching? 

You're the first I've ever heard of with this issue. So sorry. 

2008 Ram 1500 4 × 4

2008 Oliver Elite, Hull #12

Florida and Western North Carolina, or wherever the truck goes....

400 watts solar. DC compressor fridge. No inverter. 2 x 105 ah agm batteries .  Life is good.

32 minutes ago, John E Davies said:

Chris, have you tried tightening the door latch? If seal is in good shape it should not leak around the door perimeter. If the seal is bad, replace it before adding a gutter. I did place a straight section directly across the top of the fridge upper vent, that looks like a place where water would enter at will. I have not needed to put any others other than around all the windows….

John Davies

Spokane WA

I too added a strip above the upper fridge vent.  Thanks!

Chris
2016 Legacy Elite II  o--o  Hull #110 o--o  Wayfinder  o--o  Twin Bed  o--o  2020 RAM 1500 Limited 5.7L 
Augusta, Georgia

53 minutes ago, SeaDawg said:

From your photo,, it does look like your door sits a bit proud, and the latch could be tighter, or the gasket material needs replacing. Does the door move when pressed, after latching? 

You're the first I've ever heard of with this issue. So sorry. 

I was able to adjust the latch "shaft?" to allow the door to be much more snug.  That might do it.  I'm afraid over time however, the damage has been done to the tray.  Hopefully it has not been weakened due to rust.  I washed the trailer by and for the first time today, and when inspecting the battery hatch/door, the entire battery cabinet had a thin layer of water.  It was touch to reach with 4 large batteries in the way, but I was able to dry out the cabinet and adjust the door.  

I'll keep an eye on it from now on.  I also cleaned and greased the battery tray rails, it was looking pretty "aged" too.  

Thanks yet again for all the great advice and tips.  I'm trying to get ready for full-time RV'ing in North Carolina, Georgia, Florida.

Chris

Chris
Augusta, Georgia

• 1 year later...

I was going to try to make a recommendation for EZE RV Gutter Guard, but it looks to be very difficult to find these days.  And their web site is blank.  I'm glad I have left overs.

Has anyone needed to find a replacement for this and been happy with it?

Thanks,

Chris

• Wow 1

Chris
Augusta, Georgia

Thanks @topgun2! I had just posted a simple video and linked it on the Oliver Owners Facebook page.  I'm still getting people saying they didn't know about cleaning both tracks in the windows.  There's always something to learn, just gotta come across the right subject at the right time, for sure. Hopefully I did okay with the video and didn't steer anyone too far off course.

Chris

• Thanks 1
  • Like 4

Chris
Augusta, Georgia