See an Oliver in the greater Kansas City area?

CW.

Greeting,

My wife and I are in the market for a used Oliver LE II and would like to look at one before we pursue one. Are there any owners in the greater KC area that would be willing to show us one?

Currently we own an Arctic Fox 990 TC but since we no longer need to also tow a trailer, we have decided to move from a TC to an Oliver LE II. I contacted Oliver and the only way to take advantage of their "See an owner's Oliver travel trailer near you" program is if you place an order for a new unit and provide a down payment. We are not in the market for a new unit. 

I see your a very tight knit group and I'm hoping to leverage your owner network to come up with a lead. Any help from you all is welcomed. 

Thanks,

Craig

Leavenworth, KS

41 minutes ago, CW. said:

I contacted Oliver and the only way to take advantage of their "See an owner's Oliver travel trailer near you" program is if you place an order for a new unit and provide a down payment.

Sounds like a mis-communication.   We have shown our Oliver multiple times through the “see an Oliver” program to potential buyers before they placed any order or made any down payment.  Some did end up ordering a new trailer afterwards, one couple didn’t want to wait for a new one and found a used one after visiting ours, and others didn’t buy one. 

• Like 3

You should be able to fill out the form on the "See an Oliver in Your area" page and that should get the ball rolling. Mid way down the page is a long blue button that says "Request to see a customer's Oliver near me" Fill out the form and submit. They will coordinate the process from there. We did this three years ago and it was as simple as exchanging a couple emails and picking a date. 

https://olivertraveltrailers.com/see-an-ollie/field-visit-request/

• Like 4

What's today?............. the most frequently asked question as a retiree 🙄

Chris and Stacie Neuhaus Greenfield, Indiana

2021 Ford F350 7.3L Tremor (Redzilla)

LE2 #1373 - Ordered 10/21/22 - Delivered 05/10/23

States Visited Map

2 hours ago, Frank C said:

Sounds like a mis-communication.   We have shown our Oliver multiple times through the “see an Oliver” program to potential buyers before they placed any order or made any down payment.  Some did end up ordering a new trailer afterwards, one couple didn’t want to wait for a new one and found a used one after visiting ours, and others didn’t buy one. 

Thanks for your feedback. Do you know any Ollie owners in the KC area?  

46 minutes ago, Ollie-Haus said:

You should be able to fill out the form on the "See an Oliver in Your area" page and that should get the ball rolling. Mid way down the page is a long blue button that says "Request to see a customer's Oliver near me" Fill out the form and submit. They will coordinate the process from there. We did this three years ago and it was as simple as exchanging a couple emails and picking a date. 

https://olivertraveltrailers.com/see-an-ollie/field-visit-request/

Cool thanks for the info. Do you know of any Ollie owners in the KC area? 

No I do not but the folks at the factory will help you out. It's their primary avenue of sales so I'm sure they will promptly work it out for you. The folks at Oliver are very no pressure in their sales philosophy, you don't have to worry about being pressured. You may have to drive a little distance as the closest owner participating in the program may not be in your zip code. Good luck. 

Edit: if you check the classifieds thread regularly, you may find the used Oliver of your dreams. There are some available listings right now. 

https://olivertraveltrailers.com/forums/29-used-oliver-travel-trailers-for-sale/

What's today?............. the most frequently asked question as a retiree 🙄

Chris and Stacie Neuhaus Greenfield, Indiana

2021 Ford F350 7.3L Tremor (Redzilla)

LE2 #1373 - Ordered 10/21/22 - Delivered 05/10/23

States Visited Map

• Moderators

By the sounds of it you probably do not want to wait this long - but - I will be on the East side of Kansas City and/or overnight in St. Joe on July 6th.  And, I'd be more than happy to show you Twist (an LEII).

Bill

• Like 1

2023 Ford F150 Lariat 3.5EB FX4 Max Towing, Max Payload, 2016 Oliver Elite II - Hull #117 "Twist"

8 minutes ago, Ollie-Haus said:

No I do not but the folks at the factory will help you out. It's their primary avenue of sales so I'm sure they will promptly work it out for you. The folks at Oliver are very no pressure in their sales philosophy, you don't have to worry about being pressured. You may have to drive a little distance as the closest owner participating in the program may not be in your zip code. Good luck. 

Edit: if you check the classifieds thread regularly, you may find the used Oliver of your dreams. There are some available listings right now. 

https://olivertraveltrailers.com/forums/29-used-oliver-travel-trailers-for-sale/

Thanks again. Before we go all in on a buying one, we (especially my wife) would simply like to see inside one. She's still a bit concerned about counter and fridge/freezer space. Your correct, we could drive to the manufacturer, go to a rally, or go to look at used ones that are listed but we thought we would start local if possible first. Thanks again! Cheers 

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, topgun2 said:

By the sounds of it you probably do not want to wait this long - but - I will be on the East side of Kansas City and/or overnight in St. Joe on July 6th.  And, I'd be more than happy to show you Twist (an LEII).

Bill

That's awful generous of you Bill, much appreciated for the offer. With any luck we will pull the trigger before then. But, you never know... St. Joe is just up the road from us, will keep you in mind if things move slower than planned. Cheers!

• Moderators

Hey Craig, welcome to the Oliver Forum.  There should be no need to place an order before seeing a trailer through the owners program.  I would want to see one before I ordered.  If you contact the sales office and ask they should be able to set it up for you.  Also, folks are on I35 and I70 all the time so that might work if someone is going through the KC area.

BTW, Carol was born and raised in Leavenworth and we both are LHS graduates (1972).  We’re in the area once or twice a year to visit relatives, just nothing planned as soon as you need!  Mike

Texas Hill Country | 2016 Elite II #135 | 2020 Ram 2500 6.7L

ALAZARCACOFLGAIDILKSKYLAMDMSMOMTNENVNMNYNCNDOHOKSCSDTNTXUTVAWVWYsm.jpgALAZARCACOCTDEFLGAIDILINIAKSKYLAMEMDMAMS

Hi, Craig. We contacted Oliver and they quickly hooked us up with owners about 40 minutes from our house. As others have said, using their "See an Oliver" program is the easiest way to see one in person. (BTW, we were worried about the fridge size, too. Seeing one in person convinced Steph it would be fine, which it is.)

• Like 2

Stephanie and Dudley from CT.  2022 LE2, Hull #1150: Eggcelsior.

Tow vehicle: 2016 GMC Sierra 6.0 gas dually 4x4.

Our Oliver journey: Steph and Dud B's RV Screed

Where we've been RVing since 1999:

ALAZCACOCTDEFLGAIDILINIAKYLAMEMDMAMIMNMSMOMTNENVNHNMNYNCNDOHOKORPASCSDTNTXUTVTVAWAWVWIWYmed.jpg.b96241bad6752dec89d25af6ffbc8d99.jpg

3 hours ago, Mike and Carol said:

Hey Craig, welcome to the Oliver Forum.  There should be no need to place an order before seeing a trailer through the owners program.  I would want to see one before I ordered.  If you contact the sales office and ask they should be able to set it up for you.  Also, folks are on I35 and I70 all the time so that might work if someone is going through the KC area.

BTW, Carol was born and raised in Leavenworth and we both are LHS graduates (1972).  We’re in the area once or twice a year to visit relatives, just nothing planned as soon as you need!  Mike

Thanks much, I'll reach out to their sales team again. They directed me here as we are in the used market. 

Your right Mike, doing a call-out is a good idea. Any LE II owners with a twin bed floor plan passing through the area greater KC area in the near future? My wife and I would love to meet-up for a walk through. 

We didn't grow up here but this is where we retired and really like the area and the small town feel of Leavenworth. 

Thanks again,

Craig

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, CW. said:

They directed me here as we are in the used market.

I think I see now... If you told them you were only interested in a used unit, that's probably why they directed you to this forum. They don't want to put their resources into it if they know they won't be making a sale.

Stephanie and Dudley from CT.  2022 LE2, Hull #1150: Eggcelsior.

Tow vehicle: 2016 GMC Sierra 6.0 gas dually 4x4.

Our Oliver journey: Steph and Dud B's RV Screed

Where we've been RVing since 1999:

ALAZCACOCTDEFLGAIDILINIAKYLAMEMDMAMIMNMSMOMTNENVNHNMNYNCNDOHOKORPASCSDTNTXUTVTVAWAWVWIWYmed.jpg.b96241bad6752dec89d25af6ffbc8d99.jpg

1 hour ago, Steph and Dud B said:

Hi, Craig. We contacted Oliver and they quickly hooked us up with owners about 40 minutes from our house. As others have said, using their "See an Oliver" program is the easiest way to see one in person. (BTW, we were worried about the fridge size, too. Seeing one in person convinced Steph it would be fine, which it is.)

Hey Steph, 

That's good to know about your wife's approval because mine is pretty convinced...😉 Best to look inside one and let it speak for itself. Thanks!

2 minutes ago, Steph and Dud B said:

I think I see now... If you told them you were only interested in a used unit, that's probably why they directed you to this forum. They don't want to put their resources into it if they know they won't be making a sale.

Exactly. It's fine with me, it good business. I'm confident that a lead will turn up before long. Word of mouth will spread. 

Thanks again

Craig

• Moderators

Craig,

If you want to see 100+ Olivers and if you have some spare time later this month, make the drive to Lake Guntersville State Park near Huntsville AL.  May 18-20 there will be a campground full of Olivers.  It’s probably about 750 mile drive from Leavenworth, but you’d be able to spend several days looking and talking to owners.  There’s a lodge at the park to stay at or lots of options in Huntsville.  We regularly have prospective owners come to do some discovery work.  Mike

• Like 4

Texas Hill Country | 2016 Elite II #135 | 2020 Ram 2500 6.7L

ALAZARCACOFLGAIDILKSKYLAMDMSMOMTNENVNMNYNCNDOHOKSCSDTNTXUTVAWVWYsm.jpgALAZARCACOCTDEFLGAIDILINIAKSKYLAMEMDMAMS

22 hours ago, Mike and Carol said:

Craig,

If you want to see 100+ Olivers and if you have some spare time later this month, make the drive to Lake Guntersville State Park near Huntsville AL.  May 18-20 there will be a campground full of Olivers.  It’s probably about 750 mile drive from Leavenworth, but you’d be able to spend several days looking and talking to owners.  There’s a lodge at the park to stay at or lots of options in Huntsville.  We regularly have prospective owners come to do some discovery work.  Mike

Shoot, it would be closer to go to the factory 😉  Going to a rally is a great idea though, thx.

• Like 1