High Pitch Sound

For quite some time now there has been a high pitch whine like sound coming from the fuse box under the dinette. Its intermittent, happens randomly and is quite annoying especially at night. Every thing appears to be working fine.

Has anyone experienced this?

Any thoughts would be appreciated

Leigh

• Like 1

Olive Oyl

2015 GMC Yukon

2016 Legacy Elite II

Hull # 132

There’s a small cooling fan inside the plastic cover/vent grill of the Progressive Dynamics Power Control Center under the dinette.  My bet would be that a motor bearing on that small fan is going bad.  You may want to remove the cover and check for dust buildup on the fan, but it’s likely a bad bearing.  

• Thanks 1
  • Like 5

See this thread. Since yours is an older hull, you should strongly consider just replacing the entire charger (converter) with a new one that is capable of charging lithium batteries.

https://olivertraveltrailers.com/forums/topic/4812-how-to-progressive-dynamics-pd4045-lithium-upgrade/

Even if you don’t add lithiums, the next owner will appreciate the converter upgrade. This shows the fan in question (not my pic).

IMG_1922.thumb.jpeg.3fd6c7981b8d1c93ff0df80ef9bbf820.jpeg

John Davies

Spokane WA

• Thanks 1
  • Like 1

SOLD 07/23 "Mouse":  2017 Legacy Elite II Two Beds, Hull Number 218, See my HOW TO threads: https://olivertraveltrailers.com/topic/john-e-davies-how-to-threads-and-tech-articles-links/

Tow Vehicle: 2013 Land Cruiser 200, 32” LT tires, airbags, Safari snorkel, Maggiolina Grand Tour 360 Carbon RTT.

I recently purchased #65. It was very well cared for by the previous owner and we couldn’t be happier, except the high pitch noise we also have. We don’t intend to use lithium batteries as AGM works for what we do. Question for those that have changed the converter: will the lithium converter also work for AGM or would this be a different converter specifically for lead acid/AGM. Happy I found this thread. TIA.

Bradt

2015 Elite II No.65

2022 f150 eco boost tow package FX4

5 hours ago, Bradt said:

I recently purchased #65. It was very well cared for by the previous owner and we couldn’t be happier, except the high pitch noise we also have. We don’t intend to use lithium batteries as AGM works for what we do. Question for those that have changed the converter: will the lithium converter also work for AGM or would this be a different converter specifically for lead acid/AGM. Happy I found this thread. TIA.

Bradt

The new board is lithium “capable”, there is a small slide switch on the board to select Lithium or Lead Acid (same as AGM). That changes the charging profiles (voltages)..

John Davies

Spokane WA

• Like 1

SOLD 07/23 "Mouse":  2017 Legacy Elite II Two Beds, Hull Number 218, See my HOW TO threads: https://olivertraveltrailers.com/topic/john-e-davies-how-to-threads-and-tech-articles-links/

Tow Vehicle: 2013 Land Cruiser 200, 32” LT tires, airbags, Safari snorkel, Maggiolina Grand Tour 360 Carbon RTT.

10 hours ago, Bradt said:

Bradt

On the bottom LH side of this converter you can see the LI (Lithium) & LA (Lead Acid) switch like JD said.

IMG_6021-L.jpg

IMG_6018-L.jpg

• Like 1

LE2

• Moderator+
On 5/6/2023 at 5:57 PM, weyzer said:

For quite some time now there has been a high pitch whine like sound coming from the fuse box under the dinette. Its intermittent, happens randomly and is quite annoying especially at night. Every thing appears to be working fine.

Has anyone experienced this?

Any thoughts would be appreciated

Leigh

Will you be at the Maine Oliver Rally in June?

Steve, Tali and our dog Rocky plus our beloved Storm, Maggie, Lucy and Reacher (all waiting at the Rainbow Bridge)

2008 Legacy Elite I - Outlaw Oliver, Hull #026 | 2014 Legacy Elite II - Outlaw Oliver, Hull #050 | 2022 Silverado High Country 3500HD SRW Diesel 4x4 

801469912_StatesVisitedTaliandSteve08-23-2021-I.jpg.26814499292ab76ee55b889b69ad3ef0.jpg1226003278_StatesVisitedTaliandSteve08-23-2021-H.jpg.dc46129cb4967a7fd2531b16699e9e45.jpg