Rear Jacks Rocker Switches Mounted on Dog House

I apologize in advance if this topic was covered in an earlier thread - I searched but couldn't find anything.

Has anyone experienced sticky or sluggish rear jack rocker switches?  Ours stick in either position and my concern is that they will eventually get stuck in FULL-UP or FULL-DN position and damage the jack motors.  I've tried shooting high pressure air in and around the switches - no joy. I'm about to contact Ryder at OTT Parts Team to order a couple new switches but wanted to check with y'all and learn if there's a hack out there providing an effective fix without having to buy new ones.

Cheers!

spacer.png

Art, Diane, Oscar & Magnus (double-Aaarrf!)

• 2022 TUNDRA w/Airlift Load Lifter 5000 kit/2017 LE II; Hull #226 "Casablanca", 12VDC Starlink kit, 3x Battle Borns; Victron Cerbo GX, SmartShunt, MPPT Solar Controller, & DC-DC Charger; HAM call-sign:  W0ABX

• Moderators

Given the look of your running gear that was on the trailer when you bought it - I'd guess that those switches were also neglected.  Other than buying new switches you might try a bit of contact cleaner like THIS.  Or - even a bit of WD-40.

Bill

• Thanks 1

2023 Ford F150 Lariat 3.5EB FX4 Max Towing, Max Payload, 2016 Oliver Elite II - Hull #117 "Twist"

20 minutes ago, topgun2 said:

you might try a bit of contact cleaner like THIS.

DONE!   Thanks for the reply!

spacer.png

Art, Diane, Oscar & Magnus (double-Aaarrf!)

• 2022 TUNDRA w/Airlift Load Lifter 5000 kit/2017 LE II; Hull #226 "Casablanca", 12VDC Starlink kit, 3x Battle Borns; Victron Cerbo GX, SmartShunt, MPPT Solar Controller, & DC-DC Charger; HAM call-sign:  W0ABX

• Moderators

Sometimes, rocking back and forth on the switch will clean it up enough to get it going. (That's where having a little extra throw from leveling boards helps.)

It's also possible,  though a true pita, to raise and lower our jacks manually. 

Replaced a friend's switch only to find out it wasn't the switch, but a loose ground.

We've replaced two rocker switches over the years in our 2008. We don't carry a large spare parts kit, bit a spare rocker is in the kit.

• Thanks 1
  • Like 1

2008 Ram 1500 4 × 4

2008 Oliver Elite, Hull #12

Florida and Western North Carolina, or wherever the truck goes....

400 watts solar. DC compressor fridge. No inverter. 2 x 105 ah agm batteries .  Life is good.