Hi-seeing an Elite II in person

EricG

Hi everyone,

I have been considering an Elite II for a little while and would like to buy slightly used, but I have never actually seen one in person.  Is registering on the website the best way to do that?  I hate for someone to go through a lot of trouble cleaning, especially since I am not looking at buying new.  I just don’t want to drive several hours to buy a used Ollie if I’ve never even been in one.   For what it’s worth, I live in San Antonio, TX.  

I will also be posting a question in the towing section regarding my current TV. 

Thanks in advance for any advice/information provided.

Eric

• Moderators

Hi Eric, there are several Elite II’s in the SATX area.  We are in Fair Oaks Ranch near Boerne.  Our trailer is in the driveway prepping to leave for the rally next week.  If you want to come up and see it, shoot me a PM.  Ours is 7 years old, so most of the components/applicances are now different but the feel of seeing the outside and hanging out inside is exactly the same.  Maybe someone with a newer trailer in the area will chime in.  Mike

• Thanks 1

Texas Hill Country | 2016 Elite II #135 | 2020 Ram 2500 6.7L

ALAZARCACOFLGAIDILKSKYLAMDMSMOMTNENVNMNYNCNDOHOKSCSDTNTXUTVAWVWYsm.jpgALAZARCACOCTDEFLGAIDILINIAKSKYLAMEMDMAMS

@EricG:  Welcome aboard, Eric!  Cruise through these threads and you'll get a real good sense of what the Oliver Travel Trailer Family is all about.  This forum is extremely helpful in everything from A-Z Ollie.  Classified ad section will typically have an OTT or two for sale, they usually sell fairly quickly, so stay on top of it.  Members of the forum are always there for you should you have any questions on just about any topic of Oliver life.  

Cheers, brother - good luck in your search!

• Like 1

spacer.png

Art, Diane, Oscar & Magnus (double-Aaarrf!)

• 2022 TUNDRA w/Airlift Load Lifter 5000 kit/2017 LE II; Hull #226 "Casablanca", 12VDC Starlink kit, 3x Battle Borns; Victron Cerbo GX, SmartShunt, MPPT Solar Controller, & DC-DC Charger; HAM call-sign:  W0ABX

• Moderator+
2 hours ago, EricG said:

I will also be posting a question in the towing section regarding my current TV. 

Eric

Please don't ask if it's OK to tow an Elite II with a Kia Sorento. There are thousands of hours of written discussion here and on other forums about towing.

• Like 2

Steve, Tali and our dog Rocky plus our beloved Storm, Maggie, Lucy and Reacher (all waiting at the Rainbow Bridge)

2008 Legacy Elite I - Outlaw Oliver, Hull #026 | 2014 Legacy Elite II - Outlaw Oliver, Hull #050 | 2022 Silverado High Country 3500HD SRW Diesel 4x4 

801469912_StatesVisitedTaliandSteve08-23-2021-I.jpg.26814499292ab76ee55b889b69ad3ef0.jpg1226003278_StatesVisitedTaliandSteve08-23-2021-H.jpg.dc46129cb4967a7fd2531b16699e9e45.jpg

7 minutes ago, ScubaRx said:
2 hours ago, EricG said:

Please don't ask if it's OK to tow an Elite II with a Kia Sorento. There are thousands of hours of written discussion here and on other forums about towing.

No way!  It’s a 1980 Subaru Brat, but it has really big tires😊

• Haha 7

• Moderators
2 hours ago, EricG said:

No way!  It’s a 1980 Subaru Brat, but it has really big tires😊

Too funny, @EricG. Almost choked on my happy hour wine, laughing.

🤣🤣🤣

So, maybe your Brat looks like this?

See Mike and Carol's  trailer.  Many questions will be answered, and then you can join in the fun, asking more here. Lots of folks with answers, and happy to help and share.

Good luck in your journey.Screenshot_20230510_174534_Chrome.thumb.jpg.c43be138727d55a6004bd998c6974a14.jpg

• Haha 1

2008 Ram 1500 4 × 4

2008 Oliver Elite, Hull #12

Florida and Western North Carolina, or wherever the truck goes....

400 watts solar. DC compressor fridge. No inverter. 2 x 105 ah agm batteries .  Life is good.

@SeaDawg: You're killing me, OM!  73!

• Haha 1

spacer.png

Art, Diane, Oscar & Magnus (double-Aaarrf!)

• 2022 TUNDRA w/Airlift Load Lifter 5000 kit/2017 LE II; Hull #226 "Casablanca", 12VDC Starlink kit, 3x Battle Borns; Victron Cerbo GX, SmartShunt, MPPT Solar Controller, & DC-DC Charger; HAM call-sign:  W0ABX

On 5/10/2023 at 6:13 AM, EricG said:

For what it’s worth, I live in San Antonio, TX.  

Sent you a PM.  I'll be down near Splashway in mid July.

Geronimo John

image.png

• Like 2

TV:  2019 F-150 SuperCrew Lariat, 3.5L EcoBoost, Max Tow, FX-4, Rear Locker      OLLIE:  2018 OE2 Hull 342, Twin Bed.    OLLIE DIY’s: Timken Bearings, BB LiFePO4's, Victron 712 Smart, 350 Amp Master Switch, Houghton 3400, Victron Orion DC - DC, 3000-Watt Renogy Inverter, P.D. 60-amp Converter, Frig Dual Exhaust Fans, Kitchen Drawer Straps.    TV DIY’s:  2 5/16" Anderson System, Nitto recon’s, Firestone Rear Air Bags, Bilstein 5100’s, Mud Flaps & Weather Tech all, installed Ham Radio (WH6JPR).

image.jpeg.9633acdfb75740f0fd358e1a5118f105.jpeg