Lav door not square

I re hung the lav door after getting the glass replaced and it is not square (I don't think it ever was completely square, but now it's worse)

Is there a way to adjust it to make it hang straighter?  The lower right (as you're facing it) corner hangs up on the threshold so I have to lift the door to get it to close all the way and then again to open it.

2018 LE2 #333  "the Otter"

2015 Silverado 2500HD

If the replacement mirror was square, then the only way the assembled frame would not be  square is if the adhesive mounted frame was installed not square or it has come loose, likely on the hinge side.   This could happen if the assembly was hung before the adhesive fully set. The weight of the door could separate it at the top allowing such a sag.  If this were the case, likely the top of the hinge trim would be separated from the top trim.  

GJ

• Like 3

TV:  2019 F-150 SuperCrew Lariat, 3.5L EcoBoost, Max Tow, FX-4, Rear Locker      OLLIE:  2018 OE2 Hull 342, Twin Bed.    OLLIE DYI’s:  BB LiFePO4's, Victron 712 Smart, 350 Amp Master Switch, Houghton 3400, Victron Orion DC - DC, 3000-Watt Renogy Inverter, P.D. 60-amp Converter, Frig Dual Exhaust Fans, Kitchen Drawer Straps.    TV DYI’s:  2 5/16" Anderson System, Timken Bearings, Nitto recon’s, Firestone Rear Air Bags, Bilstein 5100’s, Mud Flaps & Weather Tech all.

image.jpeg.9633acdfb75740f0fd358e1a5118f105.jpeg

• Moderators

You may also need to check level, front to back, side to side.

That can be tough to accomplish,  in some sites. You will get some flex if not completely level, everywhere. At least, we do.

• Like 1

2008 Ram 1500 4 × 4

2008 Oliver Elite, Hull #12

Florida and Western North Carolina, or wherever the truck goes....

400 watts solar. DC compressor fridge. No inverter. 2 x 105 ah agm batteries .  Life is good.

Paul raises a good question.

IS your reassembled mirror frame not square, or is the installed mirror and frame not aligning with the OTT door opening?  I'm addressing the former, and Paul I think is addressing the latter.

GJ

• Like 3

TV:  2019 F-150 SuperCrew Lariat, 3.5L EcoBoost, Max Tow, FX-4, Rear Locker      OLLIE:  2018 OE2 Hull 342, Twin Bed.    OLLIE DYI’s:  BB LiFePO4's, Victron 712 Smart, 350 Amp Master Switch, Houghton 3400, Victron Orion DC - DC, 3000-Watt Renogy Inverter, P.D. 60-amp Converter, Frig Dual Exhaust Fans, Kitchen Drawer Straps.    TV DYI’s:  2 5/16" Anderson System, Timken Bearings, Nitto recon’s, Firestone Rear Air Bags, Bilstein 5100’s, Mud Flaps & Weather Tech all.

50 minutes ago, Liana said:

Is there a way to adjust it to make it hang straighter?

Re-read your post.  I think Paul answered it better.  

There may be some adjustment in the hinges, but first make sure your Ollie is dead level as Paul suggested, then loosen the hinges and see if you can take up some slack to level the bathroom door to the OTT Frame.

GJ

• Like 2

• Moderators
1 hour ago, Geronimo John said:

Paul raises a good question.

IS your reassembled mirror frame not square, or is the installed mirror and frame not aligning with the OTT door opening?  I'm addressing the former, and Paul I think is addressing the latter.

GJ

It's  Sherry, though. Paul is taking a well deserved nap. 😃

Squaring up doors is not fun. As gj said, check the repaired door, first. Get out your little speed square, if you have one. 

Check both the door, and the opening, with a good tape measure. Check the diagonals,,as well. If the door, as assembled, measures the same on both diagonals, it's likely not the door.

If the opening differs on the diagonals, check the levels front to back, and side to side, first, before making mechanical adjustments.  Imo.

• Thanks 1
  • Like 3

2008 Ram 1500 4 × 4

400 watts solar. DC compressor fridge. No inverter. 2 x 105 ah agm batteries .  Life is good.

Thanks all. The trailer is as level as it's going to get and we're parked for a while.  The hinge seems to be a single pin that runs the length of the door.  Pics attached

20230513_154740.jpg

20230513_154820.jpg

2018 LE2 #333  "the Otter"

2015 Silverado 2500HD

That's more than just a little bit of sag......

You may want to check in with the Mother Ship Service Guru (Jason).  I suspect he has seen it before.

GJ

• Like 2

• Moderators

Agree with gj.

That's a big sag. Also appears to be a gap in the frame corners of the door. Have you measured the diagonals? On frame, door, raw opening?

And, some sag in the frame/glass.

You're obviously way out of square. That long hinge is called a piano hinge. How did you reattach the door? The right upper looks square from your first photo, but what about the others? And the door? 

I would measure everything,  also check with a little speed square, and , def, open a service ticket.

Pictures can be deceiving. 

Screenshot_20230514_194308_Chrome.jpg

2008 Ram 1500 4 × 4

• Moderators

I will also say this. I really, really hate hanging doors. It's a very tedious PITA. Even "prehung" doors.

For example, we spent a number of hours on 4 doors in our new pole barn/workshop a few years ago. Every time my husband and I install or re-install doors, I tend to think  it's a test of our good and long  marriage, and our patience.. 

I wish you luck.

Look for the obvious out of square situations, and, proceed.

• Like 1

2008 Ram 1500 4 × 4