Travel Checklist

AWolters

Hello Oliver Travel Trailer community!

As the Digital Media Manager for Oliver Travel Trailers, I am always looking for ways to make your travel experiences more enjoyable and stress-free. I want to work with you to create a comprehensive travel and pack-up checklist to ensure that you have everything done correctly and have everything you need before hitting the road.

However, we know that everyone's travel needs are different, which is why I want to hear from you! I would love for you to share your own travel and pack-up checklists with the community. Whether you have a list for a weekend trip or a month-long adventure, I want to see it!

Not only will this be helpful for other Oliver owners who may be looking for guidance in their own travels, but it also gives us valuable insights into the different needs and preferences of our community.

So, if you have a travel or pack-up checklist that has worked well for you, please share it with me in the comments below. I can't wait to see what you have come up with and thank you in advance for your contributions to our wonderful community of travelers!

Safe travels,

Aaron Wolters

• Like 4

Hey Aaron,

We have a fairly extensive arrival departure check list that we use all the time and we are happy to share it with you when we see you at the rally.

Right now we are camped at Monte Sano SP for a few days and our internet is sketchy at best. 
See you at the Rally!

David & Kathy

• Like 3

2020 OLEII - Hull #634 aka-  “XPLOR” 

2021 F350 6.7 liter Diesel Lariat Ultimate Tremor aka- Beast

IMG_2879.jpeg

Hello,

I’m sorry I don’t remember who posted/made these lists  (please chime in if it’s you) but we love it and use these checklists every trip! 

IMG_4752.jpeg

IMG_4753.jpeg

• Like 6

2021 Dodge Ram 1500 

2021 Oliver Elite ll 

Hull #732 

Michigan 

• Like 3

SOLD 07/23 "Mouse":  2017 Legacy Elite II Two Beds, Hull Number 218, See my HOW TO threads: https://olivertraveltrailers.com/topic/john-e-davies-how-to-threads-and-tech-articles-links/

Tow Vehicle: 2013 Land Cruiser 200, 32” LT tires, airbags, Safari snorkel, Maggiolina Grand Tour 360 Carbon RTT.

• Moderators
1 hour ago, John E Davies said:

After six seasons I no longer refer to any of these, it becomes habit.

Same here.  I do my thing, Carol does her thing then we check each other.

• Like 8

Texas Hill Country | 2016 Elite II #135 | 2020 Ram 2500 6.7L

ALAZARCACOFLGAIDILKSKYLAMDMSMOMTNENVNMNYNCNDOHOKSCSDTNTXUTVAWVWYsm.jpgALAZARCACOCTDEFLGAIDILINIAKSKYLAMEMDMAMS

My Pre-Flight checklist is a habit BUT I always run down the paper Pre-Flight as a habit also.

Because  I always remember the story my RV park neighbor told me when he saw me using the Pre-Flight. He wished he had used one the day he pulled his multi-million dollar motor home out of his driveway and left his power cord and power cord reel in the driveway and modified the side of the RV. 

• Wow 4
  • Sad 1

Scott&Ricki

2017 Legacy Elite II Twin, Hull 225, The Bus 
2007 Tundra 
Prev: 2003 Casita, 2009 Weekend Warrior 

15 hours ago, Mike and Carol said:

I do my thing, Carol does her thing then we check each other.

Exactly - the "foot-stomper" is the double-check.... at least for us, that is

• Like 3

spacer.png

Art, Diane, Oscar & Magnus (double-Aaarrf!)

• 2022 TUNDRA w/Airlift Load Lifter 5000 kit/2017 LE II; Hull #226 "Casablanca", 12VDC Starlink kit, 3x Battle Borns; Victron Cerbo GX, SmartShunt, MPPT Solar Controller, & DC-DC Charger; HAM call-sign:  W0ABX

We use an app called Check Off for our lists. I exported our preflight list as a CSV file here so it can be opened by other applications: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1nAse-4wJWtPWX7akFvRi8jG1lTG0NWpS/view?usp=drivesdk

• Thanks 1
  • Like 3

Stephanie and Dudley from CT.  2022 LE2, Hull #1150: Eggcelsior.

Tow vehicle: 2016 GMC Sierra 6.0 gas dually 4x4.

Our Oliver journey: Steph and Dud B's RV Screed

Where we've been RVing since 1999:

ALAZCACOCTDEFLGAIDILINIAKYLAMEMDMAMIMNMSMOMTNENVNHNMNYNCNDOHOKORPASCSDTNTXUTVTVAWAWVWIWYmed.jpg.b96241bad6752dec89d25af6ffbc8d99.jpg

I double sided print two copies.  One copy I highlight the text "Inside Trailer Copy".  the other one I highlight Outside Trailer Copy.  My "Cinc House" copy stays in the kitchen drawer.  The outside copy in my truck.  She does hers, and I do mine.  The highlight trick has eliminated any question as to which copy is missing.   🙂

The check list has evolved each year and lets us fully prepare for departure each and every time.  I have attached it as a .docx so you can tailor it to your needs.

Enjoy,

GJ

CHECKLIST 2023 OE2 Pre-Departure Check Lists (25 NOV 2022 Version).docx

• Thanks 1
  • Like 3

TV:  2019 F-150 SuperCrew Lariat, 3.5L EcoBoost, Max Tow, FX-4, Rear Locker      OLLIE:  2018 OE2 Hull 342, Twin Bed.    OLLIE DYI’s:  BB LiFePO4's, Victron 712 Smart, 350 Amp Master Switch, Houghton 3400, Victron Orion DC - DC, 3000-Watt Renogy Inverter, P.D. 60-amp Converter, Frig Dual Exhaust Fans, Kitchen Drawer Straps.    TV DYI’s:  2 5/16" Anderson System, Timken Bearings, Nitto recon’s, Firestone Rear Air Bags, Bilstein 5100’s, Mud Flaps & Weather Tech all.

image.jpeg.9633acdfb75740f0fd358e1a5118f105.jpeg

We still refer to our checklists…one has to ask what could possibly go wrong? 😄

Patriot🇺🇸

• Like 3

2020 OLEII - Hull #634 aka-  “XPLOR” 

2021 F350 6.7 liter Diesel Lariat Ultimate Tremor aka- Beast

IMG_2879.jpeg

8 hours ago, Patriot said:

one has to ask what could possibly go wrong? 😄

The checklists get you into the "ball-park" for a standard camping evolution - whether you're departing your driveway or leaving a campsite after 2 weeks on the road.  Should go without saying, but - "checklists do not make up for a lack of common sense."  Every situation is different - we're never necessarily always "ready" for something to go wrong, but we should always be "prepared" for it, there's a difference, IMO.

• Like 1

spacer.png

Art, Diane, Oscar & Magnus (double-Aaarrf!)

• 2022 TUNDRA w/Airlift Load Lifter 5000 kit/2017 LE II; Hull #226 "Casablanca", 12VDC Starlink kit, 3x Battle Borns; Victron Cerbo GX, SmartShunt, MPPT Solar Controller, & DC-DC Charger; HAM call-sign:  W0ABX

We initially created and used checklists (3 different very lengthy multi page checklists for towing, campground arrival and campground departure) for our first few trips but after gaining some experience and familiarity with our Ollie and our specific camping and towing setup (which continually evolves) we’ve abandoned those checklists, and we just got into the habit of a simple one step checklist… “CHECK EVERYTHING!!!”.    A complete walkthrough inside and walk around outside (usually more than once) of the trailer and truck checking every switch, valve, latch, jack, connection, hookup connect or disconnect, etc.  We’ve learned the trick is to not rush things, especially when packing up and disconnecting to leave a campsite.   After a while it just becomes second nature.  

• Like 2

I double sided print two copies.  One copy I highlight the text "Inside Trailer Copy".  the other one I highlight Outside Trailer Copy.  My "Cinc House" copy stays in the kitchen drawer.  The outside copy in my truck.  She does hers, and I do mine.  The highlight trick has eliminated any question as to which copy is missing.   🙂

The check list has evolved each year and lets us fully prepare for departure each and every time.  I have attached it as a .docx so you can tailor it to your needs.

Enjoy,

GJ

CHECKLIST 2023 OE2 Pre-Departure Check Lists (25 NOV 2022 Version).docx 23.29 kB · 3 downloads

Excellent list! 👍🏼

• Like 1

2021 Dodge Ram 1500 

2021 Oliver Elite ll 

Hull #732 

Michigan 

On 5/12/2023 at 10:18 PM, ScottRicki said:

My Pre-Flight checklist is a habit BUT I always run down the paper Pre-Flight as a habit also.

Because  I always remember the story my RV park neighbor told me when he saw me using the Pre-Flight. He wished he had used one the day he pulled his multi-million dollar motor home out of his driveway and left his power cord and power cord reel in the driveway and modified the side of the RV. 

Omg! I bet  he started using a checklist after that! Hard lesson learned. 

• Like 1
  • Wow 1

2021 Dodge Ram 1500 

2021 Oliver Elite ll 

Hull #732 

Michigan