New app to find camping sites, from the folks at Harvest Host

SeaDawg

• Moderators

Tiered annual fee determines how often the application scans for last minute cancellations and availability, across multiple reservation sites. 

https://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/harvest-hosts-launches-campscanner-to-help-campers-score-sold-out-national-parks-and-state-parks-301827777.htm

https://www.campscanner.com/

Screenshot_20230522_144847_Chrome.jpg

• Like 6

2008 Ram 1500 4 × 4

2008 Oliver Elite, Hull #12

Florida and Western North Carolina, or wherever the truck goes....

400 watts solar. DC compressor fridge. No inverter. 2 x 105 ah agm batteries .  Life is good.

I participated in something similar last year called CampNab. It worked but you better be ready for the notification and react quickly or someone else will get ahead of you. 

• Like 4
  • Wow 1

2022 ElliteII- Hull 1062 

Marla and Bob King

Ford F150 Platinum EcoBoost with Leer Topper

spacer.png

I considered CampNab but ultimately decided it wasn't worth the cost as I've been pretty successful finding cancellations on my own. I may change my mind in the future if my success wanes! Thanks for the info on the new app.

• Like 3

Joe and Mindy ▪️ 2019 Legacy Elite II ▪️ Hull 457

ALAZARFLILKYLAMSMONMOKTNTXUT99FFFFsm.jpg

We like new apps! I am going to give these a shot.

Thank you for posting!

Patriot🇺🇸

• Like 3

2020 OLEII - Hull #634 aka-  “XPLOR” 

2021 F350 6.7 liter Diesel Lariat Ultimate Tremor aka- Beast

IMG_2879.jpeg

We've been using Harvest Host for years - but the annual fees are a drag.  We used H2 on our return leg from a recent trip to Mexico last weekend - an awesome Vinyard in Wilcox, AZ:  "Pillsbury Vinyards".  Literally camped with the vines! HA!   @SeaDawg: We'll be giving this new app a shot also - thanks for the great post information!

• Like 1

spacer.png

Art, Diane, Oscar & Magnus (double-Aaarrf!)

• 2022 TUNDRA w/Airlift Load Lifter 5000 kit/2017 LE II; Hull #226 "Casablanca", 12VDC Starlink kit, 3x Battle Borns; Victron Cerbo GX, SmartShunt, MPPT Solar Controller, & DC-DC Charger; HAM call-sign:  W0ABX

• Moderators
13 hours ago, jdmmtx said:

I considered CampNab but ultimately decided it wasn't worth the cost

You might want to try Wanderinglabs.com.

Their "basic" program doesn't cost anything.

Bill

• Thanks 1
  • Like 2

2023 Ford F150 Lariat 3.5EB FX4 Max Towing, Max Payload, 2016 Oliver Elite II - Hull #117 "Twist"

4 hours ago, MAX Burner said:

We've been using Harvest Host for years - but the annual fees are a drag.  We used H2 on our return leg from a recent trip to Mexico last weekend - an awesome Vinyard in Wilcox, AZ:  "Pillsbury Vinyards".  Literally camped with the vines! HA!   @SeaDawg: We'll be giving this new app a shot also - thanks for the great post information!

Yes the fees are a drag…and they will auto charge your CC if you don’t read their tiny fine print disclosure and unselect auto renewal.  😏

• Wow 1
  • Sad 1

IMG_2879.jpeg

• 4 weeks later...
On 5/23/2023 at 9:52 AM, Patriot said:

Yes the fees are a drag…and they will auto charge your CC if you don’t read their tiny fine print disclosure and unselect auto renewal.

I can't seem to find anything on the website about "auto renewal"..... 

Oliver Elite II Twin (delivered 3/28/2022)   Tow Vehicle: Chevy Silverado 2500HD diesel "Estrella"

ALARCOFLGAIAKSKYMONENDOKSDTNWYDDDDDDmed.

53 minutes ago, Boudicca908 said:

I can't seem to find anything on the website about "auto renewal"..... 

Maybe they have done away with auto renewal, it’s was been over a year ago. I believe at the time you needed to uncheck auto renewal. This was not easy to see the uncheck AR when we registered/signed up. I believe what happened was we never unchecked the auto renewal box.
We just happened to see the auto charge on our CC catch the auto renewal just in time. We called HH to cancel and they allowed us to cancel even though we were past our renewal date by one day. The rep we spoke to said they had a number of complaints about the auto-renewal box needing to by unchecked. She said they were working on changing it. Let us know if they did. 😊
You may wanna give them a call and ask what their current renewal policy is. 

IMG_2508.thumb.png.a044dd4946fe4a97dc0c4ffebe3deed7.png

• Like 3

IMG_2879.jpeg

• Moderators

It's outlined in "terms of use" for campscan.

I haven't signed up for the app yet, so I don't know if it's in the actual sign up or not. 

Screenshot_20230618_153330_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20230618_153313_Chrome.jpg

• Like 2

2008 Ram 1500 4 × 4

2008 Oliver Elite, Hull #12

Florida and Western North Carolina, or wherever the truck goes....

400 watts solar. DC compressor fridge. No inverter. 2 x 105 ah agm batteries .  Life is good.