has anyone tried the new Dometic fresh jet 2200?

Roadlotus

I took my 2022 EII trailer in to have my loud Dometric exchanged for the Houghton/RecPro. And the tech told me he just finished a training on the new Dometc Fresh Jet and it is supposed to be the quietest AC on the market. 

it would be an easier retrofit, and when I look it up on Amazon, it says the sound level is 58 dB. That is lower than Houghton, I think.
They are backed up for a month so I won’t get it done right away and I’m wondering if anyone else has researched this. I welcome everyone’s feedback.

• Like 9

2022 EII owner, Hull 1284, Tow Vehicle: 2021 Nissan Titan XD. 2022 lithium pro package which is 630 amp hours and 340 watt panels with a 3000 w inverter.

• Moderators

The Dometic freshjet has awesome reviews in European and Australian markets. Your post is the first I've heard of it in the USA. I'm extremely happy to see it stateside, finally. (I posted a lament years ago that we in the US are the last to get the best in ac).

Builtin soft start. Lightweight. Heat/cool/dehumidifier. 

https://www.diycaravans.com.au/shop/ac-unit-dometic-freshjet-2200/

• Like 6

2008 Ram 1500 4 × 4

2008 Oliver Elite, Hull #12

Florida and Western North Carolina, or wherever the truck goes....

400 watts solar. DC compressor fridge. No inverter. 2 x 105 ah agm batteries .  Life is good.

I wonder if the the Dometic Fresh Jet will retro fit and use the existing condensate drains like the Truma Aventa? 

Patriot🇺🇸

• Like 5

2020 OLEII - Hull #634 aka-  “XPLOR” 

2021 F350 6.7 liter Diesel Lariat Ultimate Tremor aka- Beast

IMG_2879.jpeg

Here are all the handouts the tech (appropriately named "Jason") gave me. Some is sales advice, but there are flowcharts for retrofits and good data - you'll see the Penguin II that is in the 2022s listed.

1971602662_ACModelFlowChart2022.pdf 1834042850_acFreshJetSalesTraining2023.pdf acFreshJet_FeaturesANDBenefits_Fall2022_FINAL.pdf

• Thanks 4
  • Like 6

2022 EII owner, Hull 1284, Tow Vehicle: 2021 Nissan Titan XD. 2022 lithium pro package which is 630 amp hours and 340 watt panels with a 3000 w inverter.

• Moderators

This is an interesting product from Dometic.  From their literature it seems that they understand their current AC’s have issues!  I’d be interested in pricing.  Mike

• Like 6

Texas Hill Country | 2016 Elite II #135 | 2020 Ram 2500 6.7L

ALAZARCACOFLGAIDILKSKYLAMDMSMOMTNENVNMNYNCNDOHOKSCSDTNTXUTVAWVWYsm.jpgALAZARCACOCTDEFLGAIDILINIAKSKYLAMEMDMAMS

the tech I am working with just sent me this for pricing: 

Hello this will be a direct fit no need to retro fit anything.

Dometic Freshjet 3 Series, Rooftop RV Air Conditioner 13500 BTU, White. with shipping cost $1027.58 + tax

I don't know what labor will be, but because they are Dometic servicers, I am hoping it won't be more than 2 hours time. I can keep you posted, as this seems like the way to go for me. I live in CA and travelling to TN for the Truma is not an option. Plus this is MUCH less expensive and should use my existing thermostat. 

I don't think the heat pump or remote is available in the states yet. I have asked my tech and also asked if this will match to existing condensation drainage.

• Thanks 2
  • Like 6
  • Wow 1

• The title was changed to has anyone tried the new Dometic fresh jet 2200?
  • Moderators

The 2200 may be just cooling and dehumidifier, like the smaller houghton we have? European specs say it's good for trailers up to 7 meters. 

I'm looking forward to your install and review. 

• Like 5

2008 Ram 1500 4 × 4

400 watts solar. DC compressor fridge. No inverter. 2 x 105 ah agm batteries .  Life is good.

• Moderators

I’m interested in your install and review, too.  Our current Dometic noise machine needs to go.  So, we have to choose between the Truma, Houghton or Freshjet.  Thanks for posting this information!  Mike

• Like 8

ALAZARCACOFLGAIDILKSKYLAMDMSMOMTNENVNMNYNCNDOHOKSCSDTNTXUTVAWVWYsm.jpgALAZARCACOCTDEFLGAIDILINIAKSKYLAMEMDMAMS

3 hours ago, Mike and Carol said:

This is an interesting product from Dometic.  From their literature it seems that they understand their current AC’s have issues!  I’d be interested in pricing.  Mike

Yes the current Dometic AC’s are noise makers! Truma and Houghton are so much quieter that now Dometic is forced to step it up!  Ya gotta love competition in the free market! 😊

Patriot🇺🇸

• Like 8

IMG_2879.jpeg

3 hours ago, Roadlotus said:

the tech I am working with just sent me this for pricing: 

Hello this will be a direct fit no need to retro fit anything.

Dometic Freshjet 3 Series, Rooftop RV Air Conditioner 13500 BTU, White. with shipping cost $1027.58 + tax

I don't know what labor will be, but because they are Dometic servicers, I am hoping it won't be more than 2 hours time. I can keep you posted, as this seems like the way to go for me. I live in CA and travelling to TN for the Truma is not an option. Plus this is MUCH less expensive and should use my existing thermostat. 

I don't think the heat pump or remote is available in the states yet. I have asked my tech and also asked if this will match to existing condensation drainage.

Hopefully the foot print of the Freshjet 3 will mirror the foot print of the Dometic Penguin Oliver uses. A direct retro fit and clean install is critical especially on an Oliver. It might be a good idea to ask if there will be any Fiberglass work necessary on the exterior or interior?  We just had the Truma Aventa installed and it required a fair amount of fiberglass work by Oliver. It turned out excellent.

Patriot🇺🇸

• Like 4

IMG_2879.jpeg

Please note the shop I am working with is backed up for at least a month, so I will share more as I progress!  I was fortunate the tech had the training on the new Dometic just last week and suggested it as an option when we were discussing the Houghton. 

• Thanks 2
  • Like 4

• Moderators
13 hours ago, Roadlotus said:

@Roadlotus, does this price include the new interior unit/Adu, as well? I usually see Dometic units priced separately,  since many can be used with a ducted system. If so, that's a great price. 

(The Houghton we bought included both units in the quoted price.)

@Patriot, I'm curious about the fiberglass work necessary for your Truma upgrade. It seems as though all the rooftop units and vents these days are sized for the standard 14 x 14 opening. What did Oliver have to do for the Truma? When we installed our Houghton, we had to file and square up a jagged corner or two, but that was it.

• Like 4

2008 Ram 1500 4 × 4

@SeaDawgI have sent an email asking about whether or not the inside unit is included. I'll let you know what I hear back. Poor tech, I have sent him quite a list of questions!

• Like 4

• Moderators
2 hours ago, Roadlotus said:

Poor tech, I have sent him quite a list of questions!

Let him know there are more Oliver owners very interested in what he says!  Mike

• Like 5

No heat strip in the new Dometic freshJet?  I didn’t see it mentioned in the features.  Our old Dometic has the electric heat strip which we use quite often for just getting the interior warmed up a bit on cold mornings when we are at a campground with shore power instead of burning propane to run the furnace.  

• Like 4

• Moderators
1 hour ago, Frank C said:

No heat strip in the new Dometic freshJet

Our smaller Houghton doesn't have one. I think the bigger Houghton has a heat pump.

The Truma? I don't know. Heat strip or heat pump?  @Patriot can fill us in, I'm sure.

Will be good to know about features vs cost, etc. 

Would be really great if the freshjet hooks up with the condensate drain.

Thanks, @Roadlotus, for asking all the questions. 

• Like 4

2008 Ram 1500 4 × 4

3 hours ago, SeaDawg said:

Our smaller Houghton doesn't have one. I think the bigger Houghton has a heat pump.

The Truma? I don't know. Heat strip or heat pump?  @Patriot can fill us in, I'm sure.

Will be good to know about features vs cost, etc. 

Would be really great if the freshjet hooks up with the condensate drain.

Thanks, @Roadlotus, for asking all the questions. 

@SeaDawg No heat pump or heat strip on the Truma Aventa. 

• Thanks 1
  • Like 5

IMG_2879.jpeg

13 hours ago, SeaDawg said:

@Roadlotus, does this price include the new interior unit/Adu, as well? I usually see Dometic units priced separately,  since many can be used with a ducted system. If so, that's a great price. 

(The Houghton we bought included both units in the quoted price.)

@Patriot, I'm curious about the fiberglass work necessary for your Truma upgrade. It seems as though all the rooftop units and vents these days are sized for the standard 14 x 14 opening. What did Oliver have to do for the Truma? When we installed our Houghton, we had to file and square up a jagged corner or two, but that was it.

@SeaDawg

Here is a little closer photo of the new fiberglass foundation that the Truma Aventa requires given it has a much different foot print than the Dometic. I learned Oliver will no longer allow Truma Service to retro fit Truma Aventa AC’s. Long story short,  Truma Service attempted to do the “free” Truma retro fit on an Oliver and the trailer ended up back at Oliver Service for major and very expensive fiberglass repair work. Another reason we wanted our Truma installed only by Oliver. 

IMG_8582.thumb.jpeg.a9135f65fb32bb56ea90d6db4ed6a272.jpeg

The entire fiberglass foundation you see supporting the base of the Truma is all new.  Look closely and you will see 3 tiny weep holes. They are simply there to allow any moisture out of this interior sloped area of the roof. 

Patriot🇺🇸

• Thanks 2
  • Like 6
  • Wow 1

IMG_2879.jpeg

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all,

I spoke with the tech regarding the Dometic Fresh Jet and here is what I know so far:

-The quoted price does NOT include the interior duct feature - but you don't need it because you can use your existing one

-There is no need to cut the fiberglass because it uses the same footprint. 

-There is no remote or heat pump on the US option at this time.

-He *thinks* the drainage will be the same, but I asked him to confirm this with the company rep. He was supposed to call me back on this Friday but I did not hear back, so I have another call in today. I will update when I know.

I am still in their queue for a couple more weeks, but I am planning to go with the Fresh Jet and use the existing thermostat. It will save me a lot of money and be the simplest change. I will continue to keep folks posted. I did tell him there are a number of interested people wanting to see how this goes.

Thanks!

Mary

• Thanks 3
  • Like 7

• Moderators
10 minutes ago, Roadlotus said:

I will continue to keep folks posted. I did tell him there are a number of interested people wanting to see how this goes.

Interested!

• Like 1

On 5/26/2023 at 12:46 PM, Frank C said:

No heat strip in the new Dometic freshJet?  I didn’t see it mentioned in the features.  Our old Dometic has the electric heat strip which we use quite often for just getting the interior warmed up a bit on cold mornings when we are at a campground with shore power instead of burning propane to run the furnace.  

Good question because we like the heat strip on our Dometic as well!

Joe and Mindy ▪️ 2019 Legacy Elite II ▪️ Hull 457

ALAZARFLILKYLAMSMONMOKTNTXUT99FFFFsm.jpg

OK, so the tech said drainage lines up. I have ordered the unit so it will be ready when they get to me. So excited!!

• Like 10
  • Love 1