Help with hitch coupler

cmdmom286

I am having increasing difficulty with the hitch coupler.  It is becoming almost impossible to move the lever to open up/close the hitch. I called Anderson and they told me to contact Oliver.  Has anyone else had this issue?  

travel trailer units for sale
Find Oliver Inventory Units for Sale
View Inventory
13 minutes ago, cmdmom286 said:

I am having increasing difficulty with the hitch coupler.  It is becoming almost impossible to move the lever to open up/close the hitch. I called Anderson and they told me to contact Oliver.  Has anyone else had this issue?  

It might be as simple as spraying it with WD40. My Bull dog was sticking and  hanging up. Just  keeping it clean and a little lubricant goes a long way.

• Like 3

Bill & Nancy 

Holland MA
2022 Elite II  Hull #1265
2022 GMC Diesel Canyon

MDMANCTNsm.jpg

38 minutes ago, Bill and Nancy said:

Just  keeping it clean and a little lubricant goes a long way.

Try some CRC Brake Parts Cleaner - then hit the Bulldog mechanism with some high quality spray lube...  There should be no "sticking-up" - you'll know when you're done when its all smooth in every direction!

spacer.png

Art, Diane, Oscar & Magnus (double-Aaarrf!)

• 2022 TUNDRA w/Airlift Load Lifter 5000 kit/2017 LE II; Hull #226 "Casablanca", 12VDC Starlink kit, 3x Battle Borns; Victron Cerbo GX, SmartShunt, MPPT Solar Controller, & DC-DC Charger; HAM call-sign:  W0ABX

Thanks to all of you for your suggestions.  I am going to call bulldog tomorrow and see what they recommend.  I'll let you all know what they say.  Am going into my sixth year of camping with my Elite I and have put around 25,000 miles on it.  

7 hours ago, MAX Burner said:

Try some CRC Brake Parts Cleaner

Use caution with this spray around painted surfaces as well as yourself.   It contains acetone & heptane.

• Thanks 1

“Ramble” - 2021 Legacy Elite II #797;  2020 Ford F-250

56 minutes ago, cmdmom286 said:

Recommended spraying the lever area and the underside of the coupler with WD40.  

Your coupler will work better if you spray it with WD40 at least twice per year, then open/close the coupler several times to work it in to the mechanism.   WD40 is also a good rust inhibitor.

• Like 1

Hull #1291

Central Idaho

2022 Elite II

Tow Vehicle:  2019 Tundra Double Cab 4x4, 5.7L with tow package

ARCOIDNMOKORTNTXUTsm.jpg