Kitchen Gear

SeaDawg

• Moderators

Most stuff in our trailer is selected for double duty, and simplicity. We rarely have electric hookups. We cook most of our meals on the campfire, retreating inside only in bad weather. Except for coffee.

For the last six years, I've been making coffee on the gas stove, with hot water from the teapot, an old stainless steel carafe from a defunct coffee maker, and a one-cup Mellitta pourover. It's a labor of love, but the best coffee.

This spring, I got a new pourover cone, a whopping 16 ouncer, with prongs that sit inside the lid of the coffee carafe, making it a much safer, and faster operation. Coffee still has that same great taste, but done in half the time, so I can be outside sooner, with the rest of the gang, enjoying that first cup of coffee while the birds sing the morning songs, and watch the sun move up the sky and burn off the morning dew.

It's not Mellitta, but it works the same way as the little one cupper, and manages the normal size cone filter more easily. At less than six bucks, I feel like it is a real bargainhttp://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B001S3B9F8/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o08_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1.

Sherry

2008 Ram 1500 4 × 4

2008 Oliver Elite, Hull #12

Florida and Western North Carolina, or wherever the truck goes....

400 watts solar. DC compressor fridge. No inverter. 2 x 105 ah agm batteries .  Life is good.