5 pages & nearly 70 replies later

mountainborn

• Moderators

Our own Steve Outlaw posted to the thread back in 2011, Steve and Tali were in their 17' Oliver at the time, and years have passed since that posting. It has been quite a encyclopedia of reasons of why folks prefer one trailer over another. Five pages of reading takes a bit of time but the feel for what's out there is the end reward. The topic matter is close to the heart of all of us in the molded fiberglass community. It is a simple question, yet the scope of answers is ever so complex ! So, WHY DID YOU CHOOSE THE TRAILER YOU HAVE ?

Here is the link to the FIBERGLASSRV thread, it is good reading !

http://www.fiberglassrv.com/forums/f51/why-did-you-buy-the-trailer-you-have-46849-5.html

I bet many of us will be waiting to see Steve and Tali's update to their original posting since they have moved into a Legacy II.

Betty and I have heard many such comments from Oliver owners and there are some really compelling reasons out there. If you have the time, I bet that the folks over on FIBERGLASSRV would like to have your input.

I would rather wake up in the middle of nowhere than in any city on earth 08' Oliver Legacy Elite HULL NUMBER 0003(sold)

• Moderators

Why did we choose the Oliver?

After looking at everything available (including two full and exhausting days at the RV Super Show in Tampa), many visits to RV dealerships touring bumper pulls and fifth wheels, looking at other fiberglass trailers, and yes, the Airstreams, Paul found a post by Mountainborn online. We took a sidetrip from a visit to Asheville to Hohenwald, and it was just the right thing to do.

Three hours with Robert in the factory, touring several Olivers in progress, and lots of questions and answers later.... we were pretty sure that one in progress in the middle of the row had our name on it.

Paul and I had seen just about everything available, i think, in 2008. On the ride home, we called Robert and made arrangements to buy that beauty in progress in the middle of the row. Love at first sight... after shopping, and evaluating, extensively. Six weeks later, we towed our Oliver home to Florida.

Lucky us. A perfect fit. And just to make it more perfect, our Oliver hull is the same number hull as our (then) thirty year old sailboat...#12. It was just meant to be.

Six plus years later, we feel the same way.

Sherry

2008 Ram 1500 4 × 4

2008 Oliver Elite, Hull #12

Florida and Western North Carolina, or wherever the truck goes....

400 watts solar. DC compressor fridge. No inverter. 2 x 105 ah agm batteries .  Life is good.