Rock Stars

Flyrod

Finding out that when we are out traveling with the Oliver we become Rock Stars. People do want to see the trailer.

We were traveling north on I-5 and pulled into a rest stop. Slid up alongside a Big Foot trailer. The owner was instantly on us. "Say, thats quiet the nice rig. Can I look at it". Of course. Gave him the quick tour. He kept saying "Damn". He left saying "Impressive". Did not invite me to see his trailer.

We camped in Lassen Volcanic National Park. A truck pulling a Casita came cruising by looking for a camp site. Next day the couple stopped by. Tom and his wife from Redding. Real nice folks. Gave them the quickie tour of Oliver. I am betting that Mr Robert Partee is going to be getting a call from these folks. Hope so.

Owning the Oliver is not only a joy to travel and camp in, it is also a joy to show off.

• Moderators

Yup. It's amazing how many times people just "want a peek" at a grocery store parking lot, gas station, campsite...

You'll get used to it. The good news is, no one wants your autograph. Or is that the bad news?

It's fun sharing, most of the time.

Sherry

2008 Ram 1500 4 × 4

2008 Oliver Elite, Hull #12

Florida and Western North Carolina, or wherever the truck goes....

400 watts solar. DC compressor fridge. No inverter. 2 x 105 ah agm batteries .  Life is good.

Say, do you feel the need for WDH when towing with that Tacoma? I am wondering if my Chevy Avalanche will handle the weight when I pick up our new trailer in February.

Current 2007 Airstream Classic Limited 31

2015 Oliver Legacy Elite II (Sold)

2016 Ram 2500 HD 6.7i Cummins turbo diesel

I do not feel a need for the weight distribution hitch or the sway bar. I am sure the gang at the factory will be very forthcoming with advice once they hook you up. When they hooked up my Tacoma they recommended that the tongue be lengthen, I agreed and so they did. And that made the Oliver and Tacoma sit level to each other. Very glad I do not have to deal with additional devices.

We have a 2014 Tacoma as well, Double Cab/Long Bed. When the tanks are nearly empty and little cargo in the truck bed, the towing is fine. With more in the tanks and some cargo in the bed, it starts to be an issue. The tongue is lengthened to accommodate a generator basket (we keep it empty while towing).

I am considering a weight distribution hitch, sway has not been an issue.

I wonder what could be different in our setup and Flyrod's to make a difference?

We have had many admiring comments on the Oliver. We have given several tours including a very nice couple in Austin who have a Casita.

2014 Legacy Elite II (SOLD)

2014 Toyota Tacoma

• 2 weeks later...

Yaaay. Robert has cracked the whip and moved our delivery date from February 2015 to November 25, 2014.

I did opt in for the Anderson hitch. After watching a few videos of how easy it is to hook up, and especially after seeing a full sized pickup with an ultralite stickie upside down in a ditch the extra $525 is a small price to pay for safety. I like the way the Anderson attaches using chains rather than bars.

I also opted to buy the Wilson 4G cell phone signal booster because on extended trips I will be working to pay the bills and all my business is over the phone these days.

Here is a survey question. What are your favorite exterior graphics colors. I am thinking a patriotic theme of red white and blue, but my wife likes more of a maritime theme which will work with our new WEB site www.emeraldcoastcamper.com

We have one last trip planned with the Casita and then she will be up for sale. We will miss the little egg. Lot's of great memories, but longer time out demands larger, more comfortable quarters.

Roll Tide Roll.

Current 2007 Airstream Classic Limited 31

2015 Oliver Legacy Elite II (Sold)

2016 Ram 2500 HD 6.7i Cummins turbo diesel

• Moderators

Here is a survey question. What are your favorite exterior graphics colors. I am thinking a patriotic theme of red white and blue, but my wife likes more of a maritime theme which will work with our new WEB site

Happy Wife, Happy Life

Do the smart thing. Opt for a maritime theme . . . ;)

Pete & "Bosker".    TV -  '18 F150 Super-cab Fx4; RV  - "The Wonder Egg";   '08 Elite, Hull Number 014.

Travel blog of 1st 10 years' wanderings - http://www.peteandthewonderegg.blogspot.com

visited-united-states-map (2).pngvisited-canadian-provinces-map.png

ABBCMBNBNLNSONPEQCSKYTALAKAZARCACOCTFLGAHIIDILINIAKSKYLAMEMDMAMIMNMSMOMTNENVNHNJNMNYNCNDOHOKORPAPRSCSDTNTXUTVTVAWAWVWIWYsm.jpg

• Moderators

I like red, white, and blue. What is a "maritime" color scheme? If it's aqua, like the blog background, I'd probably say no. Reminds me too much of the 80s, not my favorite decade.

Just my two cents. If you're only talking the vinyl graphics, they can be changed any time for a pretty reasonable cost.

Sherry

2008 Ram 1500 4 × 4

2008 Oliver Elite, Hull #12

Florida and Western North Carolina, or wherever the truck goes....

400 watts solar. DC compressor fridge. No inverter. 2 x 105 ah agm batteries .  Life is good.