Legacy II Actual Tow Wt

Commanche

I know the dry weight and tongue weight, but has anyone got a weight of their trailer heading down the road after all packed up for say, a week or more of camping fun? Of course everyones weight will be different depending how much useless stuff you drag along that just goes along for the ride. Not that any one out there does that, but who knows. We usually go down the driveway and have to turn around 2 or 3 times to get stuff we forgot. Useless stuff for sure.

Be interesting to see different peoples weight. (trailer weight of course)

Stan

Stan and Carol

Blacksburg, VA

2014 Dodge Durango 5.7 Hemi

2014 Legacy Elite II Standard  Hull 63

Stan

Obviously I can't answer this not owning one yet, but as you know they have a load limit of 2800 lbs, GVWR minus the actual weight of the dry weight trailer. That is a huge amount of weight to carry around. We currently have a T@b which can carry roughly 400 lbs above and beyond the dry weight of the trailer. We have it packed up right now ready to hit the road to TN for the plant tour and visit family a bit further south for a two week stint. While we have packed a lot of clothes and as much food as it will hold I can assure you its nowhere near the 400 lbs. I suppose you could certainly put a bit more in the Oliver but if it got over 500 lbs I would be amazed. Well this assumes you are not traveling with your fresh water tank full which would add another 250+ lbs.

rob

Legacy Elite II #70

• 4 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • Moderators

Stan,

I don't travel light - particularly since I got Twist. Somehow I can't imagine that I get anywhere near its capacity limits. However, my old camper(s) had relatively low limits and I always thought that I was well within the those limits until one day I actually weighed the "stuff". Indeed, I was about 50% over! I know that you don't have any problem pulling with that fast little red tow vehicle of yours. However, this is a good question from a general interest standpoint.

Bill

p.s. Rob - For some reason I thought that you were already an owner. Have fun on the factory tour and please be sure to give Anita a big hug from me and tell her that Twist misses her. Also, make sure that you take your camera on that tour - they don't mind your taking pictures and it will help you later on with both asking and answering questions.

2023 Ford F150 Lariat 3.5EB FX4 Max Towing, Max Payload, 2016 Oliver Elite II - Hull #117 "Twist"

• 2 weeks later...
  • Moderators

Eggpiper, I just read your signature line. Your Oliver is a sweet addition to your collection of American classics.

Happy travels!

Sherry

2008 Ram 1500 4 × 4

2008 Oliver Elite, Hull #12

Florida and Western North Carolina, or wherever the truck goes....

400 watts solar. DC compressor fridge. No inverter. 2 x 105 ah agm batteries .  Life is good.

• Moderator+
I just weighed my new 2015 23′ Legacy II, Fully loaded and all tanks completely full, (for weighing only), and ready to travel with 100 lbs of extra dummy load, on the CAT scales at the local truck stop here, it weighed in at 4,850 Lbs.

When we returned from our Western Sojourn in early April, we drained all the tanks and unloaded the Outlaw Oliver completely (not even a pack of salt left behind). We then took her to some scales and convinced her to get on and be weighed. She is a robust 5820 pounds. We were told when we picked her up that her "dry" weight was 5320 pounds.

So you are doing pretty darn good at 4850 fully loaded. I figure another seven or eight hundred pounds to get us fully loaded, around 6600 pounds total. We are reloading her now and I will get an exact weight when done.

Steve, Tali and our dog Rocky plus our beloved Storm, Maggie, Lucy and Reacher (all waiting at the Rainbow Bridge)

2008 Legacy Elite I - Outlaw Oliver, Hull #026 | 2014 Legacy Elite II - Outlaw Oliver, Hull #050 | 2022 Silverado High Country 3500HD SRW Diesel 4x4 

801469912_StatesVisitedTaliandSteve08-23-2021-I.jpg.26814499292ab76ee55b889b69ad3ef0.jpg1226003278_StatesVisitedTaliandSteve08-23-2021-H.jpg.dc46129cb4967a7fd2531b16699e9e45.jpg

That strikes me as being a light load too (4850 lbs). Our Oliver had a dry weight of 5100 lbs ± a few when we picked it up last year. So with fully loaded camper, water, two propane tanks, clothes and food I'm guessing we're at close to 6000 lbs or more. But we do have solar and the 4 Trojan T105 battery pack, though I wouldn't think these two items would make that much difference. Makes me want to find a scale just to see for sure.

Legacy Elite II #70

According to Oliver Travel Trailers our Elite II weight at pick up was 4,990 lb, with full 20 lb propane tanks. We did not purchase the solar package but we do have the Trojan T105 battery pack.

It appears that these trailers have a fairly wide range of weight at the time of delivery.

Horace & Dianne

Chesapeake, Virginia

2016 Toyota Tundra Crewmax 4x4 Limited

2015 Oliver Legacy Elite II - Hull # 93

300 watts of solar would be less than 100lbs, probably closer to 50. AC would add about 100lbs. 4 T-105s would be 275lbs. Fiber Granite might add 100lbs? No idea, really. Maybe if you've added some heavy memory foam mattresses, that would add to it. There's certainly nothing I can think of that could combine to be 1000lbs. One of those measurements has to be off.

One important variable is the fiberglass itself, though. One tub may have gotten sprayed more thickly than another and I can see that affecting the weight a good bit. But 1000lbs?

Perhaps if you add all those things together...

I wonder if eggpiper's weight was with the trailer hooked to the tow vehicle; i.e., no tongue weight.

I also don't understand the 500lb discrepancy on the Outlaw between the weighed value and what Oliver told you.

This discussion got me wondering about our Elite II weight. Visited the county land fill today where they have scales to weigh trucks, no charge to weigh. :)

Our 2015 Elite II standard twin bed model options:

Fiber Granite Counter tops, reading lights, propane connection for grill.

Customer added: AB 6" Memory Foam Mattresses with 4" memory foam toppers (very comfortable).

Checked the VIN load capacity (from Oliver) and it's 2140 pounds. Ollie GVW 7000lbs - 2140lbs = empty Ollie weighed in at 4860 pounds at the factory, assumed.

Weighed Tow Vehicle & Ollie ready to go camping for a weekend outing, without coffee maker (need coffee) & food weights. Fresh, grey, and black water tanks empty.

Scale results:

Tow vehicle (TV) with two occupants and camping gear scale results: 4860 pounds

Combined TV and Ollie scale results: 9800 pounds

Ollie axles weighed while connected to TV scale results: 4520 pounds

Rig weight 9800lbs - 4860lbs TV weight = 4940 pounds Ollie weight ready to camp

Ollie weight 4940lbs - 4520lbs axles weight = 420 pounds Tongue weight ready to camp

TV weight 4860lbs + 420lb tongue weight = 5280 pounds TV weight with two souls on board

LE2

• 4 weeks later...
  • Moderators

When we picked up last week the factory weight for our trailer was 5130.  That's with full 30lb propane tanks, solar and 4 batteries.  Our trip home (8 days) included heavy rain and high winds.  Our Ollie never exhibited any bad behavior and pulled smoothly behind my not-so-big Tacoma.

Texas Hill Country | 2016 Elite II #135 | 2020 Ram 2500 6.7L

ALAZARCACOFLGAIDILKSKYLAMDMSMOMTNENVNMNYNCNDOHOKSCSDTNTXUTVAWVWYsm.jpgALAZARCACOCTDEFLGAIDILINIAKSKYLAMEMDMAMS