Fall Creek Falls S.P.

ScubaRx

• Moderator+

Has anyone been to Fall Creek Falls SP (Tennessee). We’re planning a quick trip maybe up that way soon. A lot of the folks we work with that camp have recommended it. Don’t know much about it but thought we would give it a look see. We may stop by the Jack Daniels Distillery in Lynchburg either going or coming as time allows. Been there many times but it’s always interesting. Or we may get distracted and head in another direction all together.

After that we have one more trip for the season and don’t have any idea where we’ll end up for that time period (7 days) which is not enough to do anything too exciting (like driving to the Grand Canyon or Alaska) so we’ll probably stay within 8 hours of home.

Who knows a good place somewhere in the Southeast? MS, TN, AL, FL, GA? Just looking for some suggestions!

Steve, Tali and our dog Rocky plus our beloved Storm, Maggie, Lucy and Reacher (all waiting at the Rainbow Bridge)

2008 Legacy Elite I - Outlaw Oliver, Hull #026 | 2014 Legacy Elite II - Outlaw Oliver, Hull #050 | 2022 Silverado High Country 3500HD SRW Diesel 4x4 

801469912_StatesVisitedTaliandSteve08-23-2021-I.jpg.26814499292ab76ee55b889b69ad3ef0.jpg1226003278_StatesVisitedTaliandSteve08-23-2021-H.jpg.dc46129cb4967a7fd2531b16699e9e45.jpg

• Moderators

Fall Creek Falls is beautiful. One of the first Tennessee State Parks that we camped in. It's one of their "resort" parks, complete with hotel, ampitheater, golf course, etc., as I recall. Even so, everything was really spread out, and we didn't feel pushed to go anywhere but the falls. Did enjoy a bluegrass concert at the ampitheater. It was either free, or inexpensive. Nice folks and nice park.

We showed up on a busy summer weekend with no reservations, and were lucky to get a spot. And spots were kind of tight in our loop, and not a ton of privacy or greenery between camp sites. There were four or five loops. We drove through, and they all looked about the same to us, as I remember.

I do remember a wonderful breakfast at the resort. And the falls were very pretty. All this is six years plus ago, so hope my memories are correct. I'll look and see if I ever made a post on the cg.

Sherry

2008 Ram 1500 4 × 4

2008 Oliver Elite, Hull #12

Florida and Western North Carolina, or wherever the truck goes....

400 watts solar. DC compressor fridge. No inverter. 2 x 105 ah agm batteries .  Life is good.

• Moderators

I did post something:

back from the summer of 2008.

Sherry

2008 Ram 1500 4 × 4

400 watts solar. DC compressor fridge. No inverter. 2 x 105 ah agm batteries .  Life is good.

Our three favorite campgrounds to date are all in North Georgia

1. Blackrock Mountain State Park.

2. Amicalola Falls State Park

3. Tallulah Gorge State Park

Current 2007 Airstream Classic Limited 31

2015 Oliver Legacy Elite II (Sold)

2016 Ram 2500 HD 6.7i Cummins turbo diesel

Just got back last night from a cross country trip, towing our T@b no less. Visited with the good folks at Oliver on Friday the 12th and did the tour. What an impressive operation. Really gives one another level of appreciation for the care and quality that goes into making these travel trailers. We bellied up to the bar before leaving and put out deposit down for delivery next year.

To address your question, we stayed at Falls Creek many years ago, it was really nice. Two others worth considering if you haven't already been there are Monte Sano State Park in Hunstville, AL and Little River Canyon National Preserve also in AL. There is also the DeSoto State Park campground as well as the NP campground associated with both. You can't go wrong with any of them.

Hope this helps

Legacy Elite II #70

Congratulations. We await the delivery of our new Oliver on Nov. 25. The Oliver family is growing quickly so we need to start thinking about a meet up. Is there a map showing the locations of Oliver owners.

Current 2007 Airstream Classic Limited 31

2015 Oliver Legacy Elite II (Sold)

2016 Ram 2500 HD 6.7i Cummins turbo diesel

• Moderators

Congrats, routlaw! Are you the owners of that cute Packer Tab?

I'm sure you'll love the Oliver. Welcome to the gang!

Sherry

2008 Ram 1500 4 × 4

I'm not sure what the Packer (Green Bay?) T@b is but ours is silver with red trim which we have had for going on to 8 years now. Served us well but we are ready to take it up a notch or 3. The only map I know of that is current is in the Oliver offices.

In the meantime we are still working on some color themes etc. But thanks for the welcome.

rob

Legacy Elite II #70