Very quiet here

Where is all the chatter? Is it because school is in? Prolly not as most of the forum members appear to be past child rearing age. Camping season over? Don't think so as we are leaving for Suwanee River State Park in Live Oak FL tomorrow morning for some Old Florida canoeing and hiking. The weather even promises to give us a campfire night of fifty degrees. This will be our last Soiree in the Casita, as she goes on the market when we return from this trip. No time for another trip before we take delivery of our new Oliver November 25th so may as well put her on the market.

I suppose there just aren't that many Oliver owners to maintain an active forum. And with most features coming standard there isn't near the amount of "mod" chatter you have on Casita, Escape, etc.

I started a new blog and will appreciate any support you can give. www.emeraldcoastcamper.com. Until I can figure out which camera will be best for me you will just have to enjoy my low res iphone pics. Maybe I will find something in the Black Friday sales. Have you tried to buy a point and shoot camera WITH a viewfinder lately? Hard to find, and I just don't like framing shots with a small screen on the back of the camera.

C'mon guys. Perk up and let's get some action going on this forum.

Current 2007 Airstream Classic Limited 31

2015 Oliver Legacy Elite II (Sold)

2016 Ram 2500 HD 6.7i Cummins turbo diesel

• Moderators

It is quiet here this week. Wow. Not sure why.

I'll try to check into your blog. We'll be camping for a few weeks, though, with limited bandwidth.

Love to see photos of your last camping trip in the Casita. Though we're in Florida, as well, we've never camped on the Suwanee.

Have a wonderful time camping.

Sherry

2008 Ram 1500 4 × 4

2008 Oliver Elite, Hull #12

Florida and Western North Carolina, or wherever the truck goes....

400 watts solar. DC compressor fridge. No inverter. 2 x 105 ah agm batteries .  Life is good.

Sherry,

Camping for a few weeks. Wow. That would be so nice. To settle in and not worry about heading home after only a few days. That's coming for us. Sooner than later I hope. I will certainly post some pics of Suwanee on our blog site.

Be blessed.

Until I can figure out which camera will be best for me you will just have to enjoy my low res iphone pics. Maybe I will find something in the Black Friday sales. Have you tried to buy a point and shoot camera WITH a viewfinder lately? Hard to find, and I just don't like framing shots with a small screen on the back of the camera.

C'mon guys. Perk up and let's get some action going on this forum.

The iPhone and commensurate Androids have all but killed off the P&S camera sales. Effectively mobile phone cameras have become so good there really isn't a need to carry an extra P&S around that does not bring anything more to the table than the phone cameras. If you are looking to take it up a notch and yet still want to maintain some light weight mobility look no further than the Olympus OMD- ME 1, great camera, very small and lightweight, uses an EVF (electronic view finder) and can interface with your iPhone or iPad too. They are not cheap by any means but do have great capabilities. Highly recommended!

Legacy Elite II #70

Thanks for the camera tip. I will check it out. We were camping on the Suwannee River last weekend And I could not see my subjects in the iphone screen. Really want a viewfinder.

This is a shot I took with my iPhone 5 last week while I was camping in Anastasia State Park in St. Augustine Beach, Fl. I am a photographer and have professional camera bodies but but these phones take great pictures when you are limited to space or just don't have your camera available. The quality is just as good as the point and shoots and it's usually in my pocket. It sounds like you might need glasses. Without my glasses on, it's hard to compose and focus with the phone. As long as I have my glasses on, it's a piece of cake. There is not much you can do with a point and shoot that you can't do with one of the newer smart phones. If it was me, I would invest in a new phone and learn how to use the fantastic camera that comes built in.

You will love your new Oliver and welcome to the club. With the factory producing new trailers, hopefully we will get more action on this forum.

7941zcjp3vy32y6qn67vs0dmzmivxtdv.jpg

Thanks for comments about using my iphone. It does take amazing pics.

I have heard that Anastasia is an excellent campground. All in all the Florida, and Georgia state parks have been excellent trips for us. We plan our first outing in the Ollie for Savannah, GA in Jan. of Feb. Might be chilly, but we are well equipped for weather and actually enjoy braving the elements a bit. A hold over from sailing. We might just incorporate Anastasia into that as they are fairly close together.

Ah, Savannah, GA. My daughter and her husband moved there this summer, he is a Col in JAG corp, and we hope to make a visit around Christmas. Never been there, but always wanted to visit. We will be flying in, not taking the Ollie. We had considered heading east after picking up the Ollie next Thursday, but those plans did not work out, so we are coming directly home after a overnight in MO.

Stan

Stan and Carol

Blacksburg, VA

2014 Dodge Durango 5.7 Hemi

2014 Legacy Elite II Standard  Hull 63

Will you take advantage of the "shakedown cruise" Oliver gives there in Hohenwald? We plan to spend at least two nights and perhaps more if it is a nice area. That will give us an opportunity to hustle over to the plant if any issues pop up.

We camped their in our T@b the night before we did our plant tour. Nice enough campground but you might get bored hanging out for too long. I suspect you will find much more interesting scenarios on the Natchez Trace Parkway which is just across the road from the Fall Hollow campground. Nice folks running it though. There are also several nice state parks in TN a short drive away from there as well.

Will you take advantage of the "shakedown cruise" Oliver gives there in Hohenwald? We plan to spend at least two nights and perhaps more if it is a nice area. That will give us an opportunity to hustle over to the plant if any issues pop up.

Legacy Elite II #70

• Moderators

We've camped a few times on the Natchez, at the little campground out by the monument. Very quiet, no services other than a restroom. We like it there, and t

he park is beautiful, but close to town.

We've also camped at the state parks close to Hohenwald (and around other parts of Tennessee, too.) We've found them to be very nice.

Sherry

2008 Ram 1500 4 × 4

400 watts solar. DC compressor fridge. No inverter. 2 x 105 ah agm batteries .  Life is good.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Moderators

Sorry, I missed this question earlier.

I don't know of anything at the moment, but I haven't been looking. I could pm you the info on the realtor we used, who specializes in land, if you're interested. He's based in Asheville.

Sherry

2008 Ram 1500 4 × 4