BACK IN THE EARLY DAYS of the FORUMS

mountainborn

• Moderators

It was a thing that we all enjoyed, the brand new Oliver Forums. Oliver Travel trailers were growing in fantastic leaps and bounds, out reaching everyone's expectations. The factory was swamped with orders and inquiry's. And, yet, some of us wanted more. Though we had a cool new Oliver trailer in the driveway, we wanted more. We wanted a way to visit with other owners and enthusiasts to exchange ideas, photos and much, much, more.

What we needed and wanted ever so badly was a forums.

In its infancy and experiencing growing pains, the Oliver Factory was sympathetic to our needs, but were covered up in the nuts and bolts of phenomenal growth pains. They did however give the ok to proceed with a Forums project, then went back to what they do best, building cool trailers.

So, there we sat, with the green light on the project, but no funding. The solution seemed easy at the time. He, he, now we all know just how those quick fixes can come back to bite us. And of course they did, but way on down the road.

Our web designer at the time provided borrowed server space and we picked up some free software from out there on the internet. We had our own forums !

The forums evolved rapidly and grew wildly, becoming a force of it's own.

Years of evolving and growth, bring us up to 2014, with many members and moderators on board. Now the forums are on their own servers, having experienced bumps in the road during that major move, and Oliver has a IT Department that is coping with the QUICK FIX SOLUTIONS of the EARLY DAYS.

I have went to the Oliver IT department for help in the past and these guys are absolute Magicians !

Our years old forums issues, are being fixed as they rear their ugly heads, but, it is a pretty labor intensive process.

I have no doubt that Oliver's IT department will prevail, but our iron in the fire is but one of many that they must navigate their way through.

So, here is hat's off, to our forums members, moderators and IT Department for coping with inherited issues from the past, while planning for those cool forums features of the future !

Future ? Yes there will be streamlining changes in the future to make things more "user friendly", and those will be much welcomed changes, but as history has taught us, there will be "bumps in the road !"

So, let's "cinch up tight, screw our hat's down tighter" and ride into the forums future together ! It's gona' be a great ride !

I would rather wake up in the middle of nowhere than in any city on earth 08' Oliver Legacy Elite HULL NUMBER 0003(sold)

• Moderators

Hear, hear, Larry! Thanks to the IT dept., and many thanks to you for all your help.

Sherry

2008 Ram 1500 4 × 4

2008 Oliver Elite, Hull #12

Florida and Western North Carolina, or wherever the truck goes....

400 watts solar. DC compressor fridge. No inverter. 2 x 105 ah agm batteries .  Life is good.

What happened to all those people from the "early days"? Don't seem to see much activity from them, sure they have a lot to contribute, especially for us newbies to the fiberglass trailers.

Oh, and how to I load pictures?

Stan

Stan and Carol

Blacksburg, VA

2014 Dodge Durango 5.7 Hemi

2014 Legacy Elite II Standard  Hull 63

• Moderators

I guess that the answer to where are they is, they are here. For instance three of the posters in this thread joined in 2008, the year the forums started. Looking at the bottom of the forums start up page I see this: Most users ever online was 51 on Tue Jul 08, 2014 8:31 pm. That is a lot of folks on the forums at the same time ! Many read regularly but post infrequently, using the search feature to read up on a particular feature or modification. One of our popular threads is about solar and it's installation.

One of the coolest things about the forums is that you don't have to call an appliance manufacturer and wait in line for a response that may never come. You can post a inquiry on the forums and you will have many friends with suggestions that have worked for them, and the cool part is those friends have many years of RV experience.

I would rather wake up in the middle of nowhere than in any city on earth 08' Oliver Legacy Elite HULL NUMBER 0003(sold)

• Moderators

Stan,

We'd love to see your photos!

The easiest way to load photos here is to open a free account at photobucket, and use the img button above the posting block to load a link to phtobucket photos.

I understand with our new software it's possible to directly load resized (smaller) photos, but I've never done it.

If you have trouble, pm me, or mountainborn.

Sherry

2008 Ram 1500 4 × 4

2008 Oliver Elite, Hull #12

Florida and Western North Carolina, or wherever the truck goes....

400 watts solar. DC compressor fridge. No inverter. 2 x 105 ah agm batteries .  Life is good.