Where to you put the garbage can in your 23 Ollie

masterstill

We have two of those utility pop-up containers. The small one we keep in the bath room next to the toilet and the larger one we put under the small table. It's small enough that it isn't in our way when setting there. We also store things in collapsable baskets that slide under our bed. Camping World has a great selection of items that help you better utilize space in RV's.

Pam

• Moderators

We have a small rubbermaid trashcan that we keep under the table, like Pam does. Before we travel, I empty it, and place all the cleaning supplies that I keep on the floor by the toilet (windex, black tank deodorizer, lysol, etc.) in the can, and keep it in the shower floor. I wedge other lightweight items on the floor to keep stuff from sliding around... hiking boots, etc.

I store mostly lightweight and softer items in the upper cupboards. Clothes packed in soft cubes, paper goods, etc. The back cabinet has black Ikea skubb fabric contrainers, and I keep cereal, chips, crackers, and baked goods up there.

Plastic ware goes in one of the small overheads. Heavier items go in the sturdy drawers (canned goods, pots and pans, silverware, etc.). My plates (melmac) and glasses (plastic) go in suction cup shower containers affixed to the wall behind the stove.

In the bins under the bed/large dinette seats, I keep only items we rarely use, as they're kind of a pain to get to once the bed is made up. Extra coats and raingear, the water bladder for refilling fresh water, etc. Manuals and a small toolkit are under the small dinette set.Two or three large bins hold extra bedding and towels, and folded clothing items, under the bed.

You'll find lots of places, and eventually a pattern so you're not always hunting for an item.

Photo_030508_007.jpg

Photo_030508_005.jpg

2008 Ram 1500 4 × 4

2008 Oliver Elite, Hull #12

Florida and Western North Carolina, or wherever the truck goes....

400 watts solar. DC compressor fridge. No inverter. 2 x 105 ah agm batteries .  Life is good.

Sherry. It is cool to see how others manage a small space. We are still adjusting to the extra room our Elite 2 has compared with the Casita. I bet we find a way to fill up every inch.

Interested in your water bladder. Had one in my last sail boat that worked just fine. I assume you have installed a system to direct fill due to the weight of the water, and general difficulty in handling a floppy bladder. What size, brand do you have.

I was thinking of putting a 50 gallon tank in my pickup bed and running a hose to the water pump for filling the tank. Seems best to carry the weight in the truck rather than in the trailer.

Current 2007 Airstream Classic Limited 31

2015 Oliver Legacy Elite II (Sold)

2016 Ram 2500 HD 6.7i Cummins turbo diesel

• Moderators

Dave,

The water bladder we carry is empty, unless we need it. Looks like a crib sized water bed mattress. If we need to refill the fresh water when boondocking/drycamping, we put the bladder in the pickup bed and go to a freshwater source (usually a local park), and fill it and use the switched-over pump to refill the tank in the Oliver. I'll look for the thread where I show how we do that... I posted some photos five or six years ago. There is a switch on the pump system to make it easier to fill from a tank or bladder.

And, you're so right... there's an amazing amount of storage in our trailers. It takes awhile to figure out where to put the things you use every day, and where to store lesser used items, etc.

I just follow the same principles I used in my dad's rv and trailer, and in our sailboat... heavy items low, light items high, and it all finds a spot.\

Sherry

2008 Ram 1500 4 × 4

400 watts solar. DC compressor fridge. No inverter. 2 x 105 ah agm batteries .  Life is good.

I will look into a water bladder. We alwats carry several jerry cans of water for emergency use plus the 30 gal. in the trailer. Yes I know that is a lot of weight, but you never know when access to fresh water might be difficult.

Current 2007 Airstream Classic Limited 31

2015 Oliver Legacy Elite II (Sold)

2016 Ram 2500 HD 6.7i Cummins turbo diesel

• Moderators

Dave, this is the water bladder we carry. We bought it several years ago, and I think it was on sale for forty or fifty dollars. I would not try to carry it rooftop as the photo shows, unless I were driving three miles an hour in a campground, level ground.

It has worked very well for picking up water in a park, driving home with the bladder in the pickup bed.

http://www.campingworld.com/shopping/item/Portable-RV-Fresh-Water-Tank-45-Gallon/1605/&?&affiliateid=5193&gclid=CN3e56SlksMCFURo7AodgQQAJg

I see it's a bit more expensive these days.

Sherry

Here's our 2008 post after using the portable tank/bladder several times:

2008 Ram 1500 4 × 4