Looking for full-time couples opinions 🫂🤮😱🤗

Bikerabbi

travel trailer units for sale
Find Oliver Travel Trailers for Sale
New Travel Trailers for Sale
9 hours ago, SeaDawg said:

Possibly some of the best advice ever given.

If you want to go camping, go. You're already in the process of divesting. Put family heirlooms in storage, or give/loan them to relatives, divest the rest, pick something,  and go. 

We are very, very glad that we chose our little Ollie that has served us well for so long, but we had no illusions that it would truly be our travel home for 15 years, in 2008. 

The great news is, if you find (like some do) that it's not perfect for you, resale on molded fiberglass is great, particularly Ollies.

The adventures can't begin til you actually get on the road. 

It's not always easy, but it sure is fun, and rewarding,  most of the time. As my husband says, sometimes the tougher times make the better campfire stories. 

Me? I can't imagine traveling in a diesel pusher, pulling a toad, and feeling "free." Ditto a fifth wheel, dragging every comfort of home with us. (I'll admit, freely, one of the inanimate things I miss the most in our travels is my washing machine...) I  can live without the Splendide washer/ dryer in a fifth wheel, for the splendid views out my rear window. 

Yes,  thanks.   It had finally occurred to us to do as Shawna and Scott suggested: start with what we have and want, and modify as needed along the way.   

Thanks all for having given your thoughts,  is all been valuable and made impressions.   I suppose the most vivid impression was from the article which John provided of an RV crashing and having the slideout break loose towards the driver at 60mph!  I'll never look at RV slideouts the same!😱

• Like 1