Brrr... It's cold inside...

Well we ran out of propane last night, no big deal right? The fridge is on AC, the water heater is off and we're leaving today... Go figure, haha. We found out today that if there is a fault showing no propane in the system, that the Dometic Thermostat that we have will not continuously run the heat pump... It flashes back and forth to the heater and keeps trying to turn the heater on by default... So you need to keep shutting it off, switch it back to heat pump and let it come on for a few minutes before it shuts itself off and tries starting the faulted heater again with no propane...

I hooked up a spare 5gallon propane tank and got everything running again and once again the thermostat was happy. So if you plan on being able to use the electric Dometic Heat Pump as a back up, it runs fine as long as there is propane... ??? What???

I know, if it's going to happen, it's going to happen to me... :) It's just another part of the unwritten learning curve in our new 2017 Ollie's. There's more to the thermostat but I'm going to make a movie on it explaining everything that I've learned on it, including the stuff in the manual.

Reed

20171113_224028-1.thumb.jpg.6a5b472d4db165a98154a208a27282ef.jpg

Notice the card above the thermostats :) I really do like the thermostat in case anyone is wondering :)

IMG_20171118_115945.thumb.jpg.c48bf31705dcd9f64742b068705094e4.jpg

Happy Camping,

null

Reed & Karen Lukens with Riffles our Miniature Poodle

2017 Oliver Legacy Elite II  Standard, Hull #200 / 2017 Silverado High Country 1500 Short Bed 4x4

Past TV - 2012 Mercedes-Benz ML350 4Matic BlueTEC Diesel

Click on our avatar pic above to find the videos on our Oliver Legacy Elite II