WIFI HOT SPOTS

mountainborn

• Moderators

Have you found a handy wifi hotspot that you would like to share with others ? Please post them here. We found this Rest Area on Interstate I-40 between Mclean and Amarillo Texas, on the West bound side. The signal strength was very strong and we connected to the forums quickly. It was pretty cool to be able to sit at the dinette with a cup of coffee, enjoy the plains scenery and post to our friends on the Oliver Forums ! This is a beautiful, lanscaped, rest stop. Sorry, we did not get the coordinates or the mile marker, if someone has them, please post them.

EDIT: found it in the web site, mile post 129.

The day is very windy, our gas mileage was the poorest we have ever seen on the jeep while towing the Oliver. Sorry about the wind noise in the video !

This WIFI hot spot is free ( for two hours ) and is posted that way on the interstate highway signs. Here is a link to the video, it is 46 seconds long:

>

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z8-6g01Z2hY

>

Link to the rest area's web site:

>

http://www.dot.state.tx.us/mnt/sra/srahome.htm?sranbr=110&dir=E

>

The home page of this web site has a link to a interactive map of all of the rest areas in Texas and shows if they have WiFi. The map below is not interactive, but the one just like it on the link above is.

>

Txmap1.png

I would rather wake up in the middle of nowhere than in any city on earth 08' Oliver Legacy Elite HULL NUMBER 0003(sold)

:roll: Quite a few of the Texas rest areas and welcome centers have nice strong wifi hot spots. Mickey :x D and motels are coding their signals now so ya can't jump on for free and to protect their customers from hackers. :twisted: Using my Sierra AirCard and AT&T and it's working pretty well except for some reason it locks up computer. Looking into the portable version of bugydrivers tween shell mounted amplifier also.

8-) Chuck

• Moderators

Yeh, they are. :( While getting a cup of coffee in Mesa Arizona at a mikey d's, I was going to look up an address on mapquest, found the signal and a splash screen came up wanting my access code, or, for me to buy time using a credit card. :o I bailed on that connection and searched for another, found it quickly and finished my coffee while on another wifi connection getting the mapquest info that I needed. :D

Micky d's wifi costs $2.95 for two hours. Here is the link to their info:

http://www.mcdonalds.com/wireless/find_hotspot/unitedstates/faq/howtoconnect.html

I would rather wake up in the middle of nowhere than in any city on earth 08' Oliver Legacy Elite HULL NUMBER 0003(sold)