Solving the Fiberglass Sliver Problem

VBistro

I posted a little while back that @MarkVgot a nasty little sliver from some rough fiberglass in the compartment under the curbside bed while we were winterizing.  I noticed that Oliver had trimmed out the exposed fiberglass in the pantry, so I emailed them and they kindly provided me a link to this Outwater Plastics product:

I ordered 2 packages, which wasn't quite enough to cover the 4 underbed openings, but we did manage to protect all of the edges that were the most likely to give us slivers.  Easy to cut (PVC cutter worked like a charm).  The only thing we noticed was that some of the exposed edges are a little thinner than others, so the fit wasn't as tight as we would have liked in a few places -- we simply used a few pieces of duct tape under the opening, so it isn't visible.  I'm pretty happy with the result!

IMG_1337.jpg

IMG_1339.jpg

IMG_1340.jpg

• Thanks 1
  • Like 4

MaryBeth
Boulder, CO

2022 Elite II #953
TV: 2021 Ford Expedition Max Platinum, Max Tow Package

COKSMONESDTNUTWYmed.jpg

Thanks for the link Mary Beth. That looks great! 

• Like 2

Kirk and Carrie Peterson

Twin Falls, Idaho

2018 Ram 3500, with overland conversion: Rooftop tent, water, stove, Battle Born batteries, lockers, onboard air, raised air intake, Warn winch. 

2023 Elite 2, twin beds, delivered December 5, 2022 Truma package, lithium platinum package.
Hull #1305