Jump to content

Search the Community

Showing results for tags '7 pin'.



More search options

  • Search By Tags

    Type tags separated by commas.
  • Search By Author

Content Type


Forums

  • News & Announcements
    • Oliver Technical Service Bulletins
  • Oliver Forums
    • Welcome To The Oliver Travel Trailer Forums
    • How to Join and Use Oliver Travel Trailer Forums
    • Introduce Yourself
  • Oliver Campers
    • Delivery Day Photos
    • Mechanical & Technical Tips
    • Ollie Modifications
    • Towing an Oliver
    • Service Talk
  • Oliver Camping
    • Campgrounds & Parks
    • Events & Rallies
    • Ollie Boondocking
    • Submit Your Story
  • Oliver Campfire
    • General Discussion
    • Classifieds

Find results in...

Find results that contain...


Date Created

  • Start

    End


Last Updated

  • Start

    End


Filter by number of...

Joined

  • Start

    End


Group


About Me


Gender or Couple


Website

Found 2 results

  1. I’ve done a modification to add an Optronics 7-Way trailer harness plug protector. Here’s the link to the part I used from e-trailer.(Including shipping and tax < $10 https://www.etrailer.com/Trailer-Plug-Covers/Optronics/ACP7B.html 7 Way Plug Protector - by Optronics And here’s where I mounted it…on the back of my Tongue Box. I used stainless #10 bolts to mount the unit. It could be mounted with zip ties to the bottom of the tongue as well if you don’t want to drill holes. The cover is a semi rigid type of rubber material but with enough flex to make it easy to insert or remove with one hand. In any case, I switched to this after my original “rubber cover” leaked.
  2. This afternoon my wife said.... "I noticed the tail lights of the trailer on this morning. It's not hooked to the truck. Are they supposed to be on?" When I went out to look and sure enough the rear tail lights were on. I went immediately to look first at the "emergency brake" switch and then at the front 7 pin connector...which has a "rubber cover" on it to keep water out. We had 2" of rain in the past day and that rubber 7pin cover did a much better job of keeping the water in. I drained the connector, blew it out and dried it with air. Then cleaned it and lubricated it with electrical silicone grease. The lights are no longer on. I'm assuming this was a draw from the house batteries through that connector. Passing along if of any use to folks in the future. If there's a similar post somewhere I didn't find it in a quick search.
×
×
  • Create New...