OLLIEISM'S

mountainborn

• Moderators

Should we have a list ? The longer that Oliver owners are around, seems like there are more and more cool "OLLIEism's" that just "pop out" in descriptive conversations. For example, I remember when I first said "Ollie" instead of Oliver. It was quite spontaneous during a chat here on the forums. Then, first one, then another began to take that conversational shortcut. Now it is so commonplace that we hardly take notice of it's use.

Then there was the small dinette back rest that became the "STRIPPER POLE". I don't remember exactly who it was that coined that one, but, it certainly stuck. I think maybe Tom or Sherry may have been the culprit.

Anyhow, as the list continues to grow, I am wondering if there might be someone out there that would like to be the official "KEEPER OF THE LIST" ? I think that the search feature might help locate the forums member that used the new term for the first time. For example, when using the search feature for the word "Ollie", I find that Tom first used it. Here is the paste from that forums entry:

>

Re: ST. GEORGE ISLAND FESTIVAL

8-) And I'll be in that area in about 2 weeks just before I pickup my Oliver....which has been dubbed "Ollie" ! Having been there a total of 6 times, I can attest to it's beauty and tranquility. Two fantastic FL state beach/campgrounds ON the water,Gulf or bay, and ...

by tumbleweedSun Feb 10, 2008 11:09 pm

>

We seem to be creating a language all our own what with some of our terms that are being coined and a list might be a cool thing.

So, how about it, any nominations for "KEEPER OF THE LIST" ?

I would rather wake up in the middle of nowhere than in any city on earth 08' Oliver Legacy Elite HULL NUMBER 0003(sold)

travel trailer units for sale
Find Oliver Inventory Units for Sale
View Inventory