What goes up, won’t come down - front stabilizer jack

We have a LEII, 2022.   Getting ready for a trip and front jack is only working one way.  Got out the manual socket deal and brought the trailer down with it.  I haven’t taken it apart or anything, and it hasn’t been greased since we picked up the trailer.  That being said I was hoping that one of you would have experienced this and had a solution in hand.  Been a trouble free summer, otherwise.  Thanks!

image.jpeg.7fccb45a33615b2deaeeaeedc4bbbfcb.jpeg

travel trailer units for sale
Find Oliver Inventory Travel Trailers for Sale
View Inventory
1 hour ago, Boonter Jeff said:

We have a LEII, 2022.   Getting ready for a trip and front jack is only working one way.  Got out the manual socket deal and brought the trailer down with it.  I haven’t taken it apart or anything, and it hasn’t been greased since we picked up the trailer.  That being said I was hoping that one of you would have experienced this and had a solution in hand.  Been a trouble free summer, otherwise.  Thanks!

On a 2-year-old jack adding grease has nothing to do with this. Don't think it's about maintenance you could have done. Many run these VP-3000 jacks for many years ignoring maintenance.

I would check the switch. Given it works to lift the trailer, the mechanics of the jack are working. As it takes much more work on the motor to lift vs. lower. If you are in a fix while traveling, you can pull the switch to find three wires. Connect the center wire to one to lift and the other to lower. Hope this helps!

• Like 7

Chris & John in Prescott, AZ | 2016 EII #113 | '01 Ram 2500 Cummins!