2020 Dometic Curbside Awning Issue

While camping on a 3 1/2 week trip our curbside Dometic awning started acting up.  It would only open about 2 feet and refused to open any farther.  After numerous resets as per manual and several conversations with Oliver support we had to take our Elite II #650 to a Dometic repair shop.   We initially believed that the relay had quit working which required access to the relay through the on/off tabs right inside the door.  This ended up not being the issue.  After more investigation the awning had jumped track and would only move 1 to 2 feet..  After a 3 hour charge we are good to go.  

When investigation this issue on the forum we had not found any other awnings that had had this problem.  So this is a little input incase someone runs across this issue.   I guess I should have climbed up and tried to see if track was an issue, but after resets performed in manual and on Dometic web pages, the motor would not jog after performing reset instructions.  With my bad knees I tend to let others seek out issues not on ground level.

Good luck and happy camping

• Thanks 3

Erv & Sherry  Hull # 650

2022  Platinum SD 250 Tremor. 7.3 Godzila

Olivertravels.jpeg

travel trailer units for sale
Find Oliver Travel Trailers for Sale
New Travel Trailers for Sale

Where was this Dometic Repair shop located?

Maggie & Bryan | Arnegard, ND | 2020 LE II "Twins" Hull #665 | 2021 RAM 2500  6.4L HEMI Gasser  4dr  6.5' bed

My Visited North America Map