A Big Boondocking OPPS

Commanche

We just came back from a trip to Glacier National Park and on the way stopped over one night at Pine Creek Campground, just south of Livingston, MT. This was recommended by Rob Outlaw, and it was worthy of the recommendation. It's a National campground back in the forest with a cool mountain stream within hearing distance and a short walk from our camp site.

Anyway, for whatever reason we left the frig on DC overnight, and got the shock of our lives when the next morning the batteries were at 46%. Whew, panic time????. Yep, afraid so. By the time we stopped for gas about a hour later, they were up to 49% and bythe time we got to Glacier at 5pm they were up to 89%. I am kind of surprised they didn't go all the way up to 100% since it was sunny all day. We got a nice spot in the campground with a nice big hole in the trees right over the trailer and by 1pm the next day we had 100% again.

We had a nice visit with Rob Outlaw and his wife on our way through Bozeman, and he gave us a lot of good information on the Glacier area. I can see why he lives there and I don't see why we live in Kansas, sheese, What's wrong with me. Oh, I know, it's the winters.

It was a nice trip and the solar panels worked well after that. Glad we have them.

Stan and Carol

Blacksburg, VA

2014 Dodge Durango 5.7 Hemi

2014 Legacy Elite II Standard  Hull 63