#117 has wings

topgun2

• Moderators

This is the first real outing for "Twist" at Favor-Dykes State Park just south of St. Augustine, FL. Right across the street were fellow Oliver owners Stan and Carol Moyer along with Gunner (the dog). Sure was great to have "old-timers" like Stan and Carol around to help answer all of our questions.

Bill

0f2seor5ksiaz25lm15vgjr5q1q8vaym.JPG

2023 Ford F150 Lariat 3.5EB FX4 Max Towing, Max Payload, 2016 Oliver Elite II - Hull #117 "Twist"

travel trailer units for sale
Find Oliver Inventory Units for Sale
View Inventory
  • Moderators

Buzzy,

Absolutely no problems with towing with the Anderson hitch. As has been mentioned before, the Anderson can be "interesting" to contect. I found that the first couple of times attaching the "whale tail" to the hitch ball was a big PTA. However, that became easier probably due to both my understanding of how it works and the mateing parts getting slightly more used to each other. The biggest problem was once the "Whale tail" was positioned "correctly" I had difficulty getting the pin, which holds the whale tail to the bottom of the hitch ball, fully seated. However, that is now not a problem even though one must be certain that all parts are lined up correctly.

I got right at 14 MPG with the Eco-boost with the cruise set on a constant 65mph. With the Oliver at just about 1,000 pounds heavier than my old camper, I did notice that the truck was just not as quick. But, if I stomped on it I could still get up to speed reasonably fast - certainly no problem for on ramps or having to move into the left lane to get around slower traffic.

Bottom line is that the Anderson is no more difficult setting up than my old Equalizer and I'm happy that I spent the extra money. As I have said before, the reduced bounce and the "insurance" for emergency situatiions is enough for me.

Bill

2023 Ford F150 Lariat 3.5EB FX4 Max Towing, Max Payload, 2016 Oliver Elite II - Hull #117 "Twist"