Cedar Closet/shelf lining

topgun2

• Moderators

Here's another winter project for you.

Shortly after picking up Twist this past February I was in my workshop cleaning up a bit when I noticed I still had some left over cedar closet lining boards.  So, I took the black mats from the two shelves in the closet of Twist, laid them on top of the shelving boards, traced the outline and then cut each of the boards using a band saw (one could use a scroll saw, small hand saw, or coping saw) on the inside of the line that I traced.  I put the boards back together (each board is tongue and groove) and tested for fit.  You don't have to be exact on the cuts since most of the edges are difficult to see inside the closet and pantry.  A little sanding of the edges and then I took wood glue, placed a small amount in the groove and allowed the boards to sit overnight with a little weight on them to keep them from warping.  I did this same procedure for the bottom of the pantry.  Finally, I took the little scrap pieces that were left over, sanded them and placed them into the other overhead cupboards.  This thin cedar lining can be found at Lowe's and probably Home Depot too.

Now, not only does the closet and pantry smell nice, but, the cedar is a natural bug repellent too.

Bill7kjxsynk7mlt892rvynrr7gh1c9zam07.thumb.jpg.2a7a8dd460a9025928939407f8d98f57.jpg

• Thanks 6

2023 Ford F150 Lariat 3.5EB FX4 Max Towing, Max Payload, 2016 Oliver Elite II - Hull #117 "Twist"