SHOW US YOUR CAMPER !

mountainborn

• Moderators

Butcherknife and I have been avid campers for most of our adult lives. Every time we move into a new or different camper, we are sure that it is absolutely THE camper for us. And it is , at the time. In the past we have always moved up and up, bigger and bigger. Then one day the grand kids were pretty well grown and too busy to go with us anymore. So, once again it was time for a change. This time however we took more time and made a more calculating and thoughtful look at our own personal style of camping. We wanted personal comfort, convenience and a quality coach that would last a long time.

Our search carried us to look at Molded Fiberglass Recreational Vehicles. They seemed to fill the bill of our needs. Along our search path we discovered Oliver Travel Trailers and called them. We went to the factory to visit. We bought. End of story ? NOT ! The Oliver not only fills our needs, it just naturally feels right. It fits, it just actually fits. You know, like that comfortable pair of blue jeans, the ones that you just can't bear to retire because they feel so good when you put them on !

Here is our baby:

This photo was taken at Gander Mountain in Jackson Tennessee. On the way home from a visit to Hohenwald and the factory.

Could this be the last camper that we ever buy ? It is that well built. These things hold their value so well that we are already talking about what might be available in the way of accessories in the 2009 modles, and should we consider selling this one and moving on up when the 09's become available !

Oh, well, thats lots of campgrounds down the road, but it's a heady possibility off in the future somewhere !

I would rather wake up in the middle of nowhere than in any city on earth 08' Oliver Legacy Elite HULL NUMBER 0003(sold)

• Moderators

It is a 3.8 liter V6 with an automatic transmission. On a good day we get a little over 16 MPG towing, on a bad we get a little over 14 MPG. The difference between a good day and a bad day is the wind, terrain and speed as we travel.

I would rather wake up in the middle of nowhere than in any city on earth 08' Oliver Legacy Elite HULL NUMBER 0003(sold)

• Moderators

Well we just couldn't stand it ! We gotta' post another photo:

ColumbiaTennessee__11-09-07_0636hrs.jpg

Taken in Columbia Tennessee. We got a early start heading for Nashville. Parked outside of a Waffle House as the sun comes up, our early start was delayed a bit by folks wanting to look and ask about our Oliver. We didn't mind one bit, we always are ready to show our TT.

• 6 years later...
  • Moderators

Steve and Tali Landrum received their 2014 Legacy II today ! Hey you guys how about a few pix of your new baby ! Pink or Blue swaddling blanket optional !