ENGINEER PASS COLORADO SUNRISE VIDEO

mountainborn

• Moderators

This is a paste of a post I made on a Jeep forum:

>

We just got back from Eureka Colorado where we boondocked for several days while we drove jeep trails. On our first ascent of Engineers pass, we left camp way before daylight so we could be there for sunrise.

06-23-08_0609.jpg

Since we had never been there before, the first experience being in the dark was something !

We ate a late breakfast in Lake City then returned to Eureka by way of Cinnamon Pass.

Our skid plate under the transfer case only "tapped" on rock ledges three times going over Engineer Pass. The "little stocker" seemed to handle altitude and terrain well. We pulled our Oliver camping trailer with it, both to and from Eureka:

06-24-08_1556.jpg

We were above the actual pass looking down on it as the sun rose. It was magnificently breath taking, litterally ! Here is a video that I shot at the time and the altitude must have been working on me somewhat, for I missed the actual altitude by about a thousand feet ! He, he, what can I say. Another flatlander got the big eye at altitude I guess ! Here is a link to the video:

th_06-23-08_0602.jpg

I would rather wake up in the middle of nowhere than in any city on earth 08' Oliver Legacy Elite HULL NUMBER 0003(sold)