FLASHMOB ?

mountainborn

• Moderators

Have you heard of it, or, maybe even participated in one ? Search youtube videos for the word "FLASHMOB", you will bring up many pages of flashmob videos.

Here is a link to one held in Grand Central Station:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jwMj3PJDxuo

The next one in Arkansas is discussed in this post from another forum:

>

ShadowCachers

ArkGeocacher

Posted: Fri Sep 05, 2008 8:28 pm Post subject:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

OK I have decited to take on this event. Its going to be Nov 8 12 noon to 1215 to sync with the rest of the world. Location is to be detirmind. Maybe Jacksonville or Cabot area. Currious if there is any volunteers out there that would like to help. Here is a link to some info or just visit podcachers forum and search WWFM IV

http://www.podcacherforums.com/phpBB2/v ... php?t=1520

ShadowCachers

ArkGeocacher

Posted: Fri Sep 12, 2008 8:16 pm Post subject:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Flash Mob is posted. Jacksonville Military Museum was pleased to be apart of it.

Geocaching may be a sport, but it's also a way of life!

BSA534

CacheMaster

Posted: Fri Sep 12, 2008 10:39 pm Post subject:

I think thats a great spot! Plus its a nice museum for folks to visit afterward.

BSA534

CacheMaster

Posted: Sun Sep 14, 2008 8:48 pm Post subject:

I drove past the museum yesterday while caching in Jax and I can see how parking may be a slight problem. Those one-way streets there make it confusing sometimes.

How about an event meal? Should be able to get a good deal on some leftover Halloween candy about then!

ShadowCachers

ArkGeocacher

Posted: Sun Sep 14, 2008 10:08 pm Post subject:

Maybe I'll paint a ammo can to look like a Jack-O-Lantern and put some candy in it.

ShadowCachers

ArkGeocacher

Posted: Tue Sep 16, 2008 4:15 am Post subject: Free Admission

Jacksonville Military Museum announced that evry cacher who shows up to the WWFM IV dressed patriotic will get free admission to the museum during the day of event.

BSA534

CacheMaster

Posted: Tue Sep 16, 2008 11:59 am Post subject:

Thats great news. If you haven't visited this museum you should! Everything is done by volunteers. They have some great sections on local military as well as national and international. Plan on spending some time visiting the many exhibits there.

ShadowCachers

ArkGeocacher

Posted: Tue Sep 16, 2008 8:55 pm Post subject:

I was informed today that the Traveling Arkansas Fallen heroes Memorial exibit will be on display at the museum while the WWFM takes place. The museum is proud that we have chosen the museum for the WWFM site. They even have a cache at their location. Great people they are! They told me that they have a reception area if we wanted to have a Meet-N-Greet after event. The only down fall is they would need volunteers to help set up and clean up after. There would also be a small fee for us to use the area but a discounted rate. I told them I would have to look into it. Need opinions please..

>

It is gaining popularity world wide ! Could there be an Oliver Flashmob in our future ?

I would rather wake up in the middle of nowhere than in any city on earth 08' Oliver Legacy Elite HULL NUMBER 0003(sold)

travel trailer units for sale
Find Oliver Inventory Units for Sale
View Inventory