Making it last indefinitely

I think an Oliver trailer, well-maintained, could have very long service life.

Is there a factory-recommended maintenance schedule?

Once out of the various warranty periods, what potential service issues would arise if factory support was not available?

What missing information, or special tools, or custom components, or other things would make replacing aging, damaged, or failed components specially troublesome or very expensive?

:lol: A once a year wax job is my recommendation for exterior. Replace anode rod in hot water heater once a year and wheel bearing and brakes should be checked at least yearly. You will find yourself checking out your Oliver on a steady basis as you use it. The factory does need a mx sked in owners manual as well as a wiring diagram. Depending on your resisence, winter mx is needed also. Fiberglass trailers will last a longer time than "stickies" because mx is so easy to do. ;)

Chuck 8-)

• Like 1

• Moderators

As Chuck said, waxing (with an appropriate product) is important... twice a year for us exterior, and once a year interior to maintain the high grade, marine gelcoat surfaces of the Oliver. I keep a detailed mileage log for ourselves, to remind us of tire age and mileage, time to repack wheel bearings, check batteries, change water heater sacrificial anode, etc. The rugged aluminum frame of the Legacy Elite is virtually maintenance free, even in coastal Florida.

Just like our sailboat, the Oliver is packed with other convenience systems... Dometic, Norcold, Suburban, Coleman, SMEV, Jensen... in A/C, refrigeration, furnace, water heater, stove, propane tanks, TV/Stereo, etc., that require periodic checks and replacements. Batteries, tires, etc., we maintain and replace as necessary. In our sailboat, now over 30 years old, the reefer's been replaced once, the water heater twice, propane tanks replaced several times, toilet one time, etc..... The molded fiberglass hull is still amazingly beautiful, maintained with care.

My husband and I buy for the long term after thorough investigation. My van is 11 years old, following my 14 year old car. Our sailboat is, as I said, over thirty years old. Oliver has chosen the best available options for these systems, along with high-quality, higher dollar Sandvik plumbing fixtures, Bulldog hitch collar, etc. It's easy to use, setup, tow, and maintain. I suspect someone (hopefully, my daughter or grandchild) will someday be posting photos of my Oliver on a vintage trailer website, camping at Ft. DeSoto, forty or fifty years from now. Looking as good as it does today...

Sherry

• Like 1

2008 Ram 1500 4 × 4

2008 Oliver Elite, Hull #12

Florida and Western North Carolina, or wherever the truck goes....

400 watts solar. DC compressor fridge. No inverter. 2 x 105 ah agm batteries .  Life is good.

I think they will just about last forever, at least in RV years. If after 20 years or so your Oliver does happen to look a little rough, I think you would be able to restore it much like an old car. I have seen Airstreams restored to where they strip everything out. As long as there is a good foundation repair and restoration will always be worth it. Oliver's fiberglass shell provides the solid foundation. Fiberglass is repairable and can be re-gel coated. Try doing a complete restore of toothpick and tinfoil model, I don't think it will happen, at least not very easily or reasonably.

I also think the Oliver's design is one that is ageless. I think they will have the same appeal as they do today as they will when we are pulling them behind electric or hydrogen vehicles.

• Like 1

• Moderators

I also think th e Oliver's design is one that is ageless. I think they will have the same appeal as they do today as they will when we are pulling them behind electric or hydrogen vehicles.

I'm with you on that one... I love the styling, inside and out.

• Love 1

2008 Ram 1500 4 × 4

2008 Oliver Elite, Hull #12

Florida and Western North Carolina, or wherever the truck goes....

400 watts solar. DC compressor fridge. No inverter. 2 x 105 ah agm batteries .  Life is good.