Solar Panel Update

mountainborn

• Moderators

We have been off the grid for well over seventy days now, boondocking in the Rocky Mountains of Colorado, above 10 K elevation, so I thought I would give a update on how the solar panels are doing. Our generator is run so infrequently that it's starter battery doesn't stay up ! Now, I sure do like that trick little wireless remote start and stop feature, so I have rigged a quick disconnect jumper cable to charge the generator's battery. That way should Betty need to use the microwave for something, I won't have to go outside to pull the manual starter rope. Here is a video look at the jumper set up:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tyGaGrWjh-o

I would rather wake up in the middle of nowhere than in any city on earth 08' Oliver Legacy Elite HULL NUMBER 0003(sold)

travel trailer units for sale
Find Oliver Inventory Travel Trailers for Sale
View Inventory
  • Moderators

Well golly gee-whiz, Mountainborn, way up yonder at the height yer at can't ya jest reach up an electirk cord and plug directly into that there sun? ;)

Oscar & I are looking forward to boondocking w/ you & Butcherknife to see how our single roof top mounted 100w panel will do in the rarefied mountain air. :)

Pete & "Bosker".    TV -  '18 F150 Super-cab Fx4; RV  - "The Wonder Egg";   '08 Elite, Hull Number 014.

Travel blog of 1st 10 years' wanderings - http://www.peteandthewonderegg.blogspot.com

visited-united-states-map (2).pngvisited-canadian-provinces-map.png

ABBCMBNBNLNSONPEQCSKYTALAKAZARCACOCTFLGAHIIDILINIAKSKYLAMEMDMAMIMNMSMOMTNENVNHNJNMNYNCNDOHOKORPAPRSCSDTNTXUTVTVAWAWVWIWYsm.jpg