Harvest Hosts Acquires Boondockers Welcome

“VAIL, Colo., June 10, 2021 /PRNewswire/ -- Harvest Hosts, a membership program giving RVers access to unique RV camping options, announces today its acquisition of Boondockers Welcome, a community of RVers helping other RVers where hosts allow guests to stay overnight on their property for free. Built by RVers for RVers, the companies share a mission of giving travelers opportunities to make memories while camping in unforgettable locations. There are 2,900 hosts in the Boondockers Welcome network, and 2,420 in the Harvest Hosts network, for a combined 5,320 locations--with hundreds more being added each month. “

https://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/harvest-hosts-acquires-boondockers-welcome-celebrating-the-companies-shared-love-of-the-rv-community-301309826.html

John Davies

Spokane WA

• Thanks 1

SOLD 07/23 "Mouse":  2017 Legacy Elite II Two Beds, Hull Number 218, See my HOW TO threads: https://olivertraveltrailers.com/topic/john-e-davies-how-to-threads-and-tech-articles-links/

Tow Vehicle: 2013 Land Cruiser 200, 32” LT tires, airbags, Safari snorkel, Maggiolina Grand Tour 360 Carbon RTT.

• 10 months later...

I just added the BW membership to my existing Harvest Hosts one for an extra $40. I am excited because the regular camping possibilities in Western WA (Puget Sound area) are reaaaaaly limited, but there are a number of BW hosts there in the suburbs. I visit my son in Redmond often and would like to bring the Ollie.

Has anyone used this and can you comment? What do the hosts get out of being part of it, other than being nice neighbors? Their app has been updated.

IMG_1688.thumb.jpeg.f2e5271b738ad19508efd6b2608b15bb.jpeg

Here is a screen shot from the webpage for the Boise ID area, we are headed to the Snake RiverBirds of Prey area south of there in about ten days, there are lots of possibilities.

1593356849_ScreenShot2022-05-09at7_13_01PM.thumb.png.c7d0653c4dfbaceefaae64cf0dab2cc0.png

Thanks for any comments.

John Davies

Spokane WA

• Like 1

SOLD 07/23 "Mouse":  2017 Legacy Elite II Two Beds, Hull Number 218, See my HOW TO threads: https://olivertraveltrailers.com/topic/john-e-davies-how-to-threads-and-tech-articles-links/

Tow Vehicle: 2013 Land Cruiser 200, 32” LT tires, airbags, Safari snorkel, Maggiolina Grand Tour 360 Carbon RTT.

I like that it's easy to see which is which on the search map.  I would NOT be using peoples' driveways in city neighborhoods, but for your purposes, that would work great.  I upgraded mine about 2 months ago when I was trying to plan our itinerary through Michigan this summer and completely struck out because it was too far ahead.  Apparently the BDW hosts don't book more than 2 months out.  Since all the MI state parks and state forests were booking up fast, I didn't want to wait so never did book any BDW sites.  I use HH all the time when in transit somewhere

2018 LE2 #333  "the Otter"

2015 Silverado 2500HD