C D N S T

mountainborn

• Moderators

CONTINENTAL DIVIDE NATIONAL SENIC TRAIL

Tough going in places. Very steep in others. Well above the timber line, here is a trail marker:

100_0634.jpg

Pete and I hiked up to eleven thousand six hundred feet or so, where this photo was taken:

100_0637.jpg

We sat at this marker at the top and re hydrated while consuming a bit of energy food.

This trail marker is actually located below the summit a ways. Pete is a real MOUNTAINGOAT !

100_0632.jpg

In the far distance there was a very tall waterfall:

100_0630.jpg

I would rather wake up in the middle of nowhere than in any city on earth 08' Oliver Legacy Elite HULL NUMBER 0003(sold)

• Moderators

Yeah, well you may think I'm part mountain goat, Mountainborn, but you're the full Billy Goat, what with your high-fallootin' adventures of the steep kind with your stock Jeep Wrangler that you drive like it's Hummer :shock:

Loved the visit with you guys and am looking forward to next year, perhaps the bear will be in the cave then! Woohoo!!!!!!

Pete & "Bosker".    TV -  '18 F150 Super-cab Fx4; RV  - "The Wonder Egg";   '08 Elite, Hull Number 014.

Travel blog of 1st 10 years' wanderings - http://www.peteandthewonderegg.blogspot.com

visited-united-states-map (2).pngvisited-canadian-provinces-map.png

ABBCMBNBNLNSONPEQCSKYTALAKAZARCACOCTFLGAHIIDILINIAKSKYLAMEMDMAMIMNMSMOMTNENVNHNJNMNYNCNDOHOKORPAPRSCSDTNTXUTVTVAWAWVWIWYsm.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • Moderators

Here is a video look at our rest stop on the CDNST at 11,600 feet of elevation. The wind is pretty fierce at the top ! You can hear it in the camera microphone as I pan the camera around the horizon.

th_TrailReRouteCDNST.jpg

He, he, that evil laughter in the background is BugEyeDriver. We were really soaking up the good vibes present here. This is one of those places that are just naturally good for your soul, but like most of those wild and wonderful places that Betty and I seem to seek out, you can't simply "buy" a ticket to them. You have to give something of yourself to get there. Yep, were a' talkin' sweat equity here !

I would rather wake up in the middle of nowhere than in any city on earth 08' Oliver Legacy Elite HULL NUMBER 0003(sold)