Options for heated storage for winter use? How do you store your Oliver?

Ghostrider10-32

I thought I'd start a new thread for this question.

What options have people come across for heated storage of your Oliver?

I'm sure cost varies in different parts of the country, but I'm in SE Wisconsin and (per other thread I started) we want to use our trailer exclusively in the winter  early November to Mid March for 3 day weekends. (leave Friday afternoon, come back Sunday afternoon)

So we don't want to have to winterize for the work-week every week.  

Curious what people pay for heated storage and if its accessible to come-and-go as you please or if once its in, its in til spring?

Anyone store on their own property and run electric heat inside the trailer to keep it from freezing?  

Brainstorming ideas if my endeavor to modify my garage door opening to fit an Oliver doesn't pan out.

Also, how long does it take to winterize an Ollie?

• Like 1

Winterizing the water system of an RV isn't bad. Takes maybe half an hour for our fifth wheel: reconfigure the valves, drain the water heater and low point drains, wife feeds the antifreeze into the hose while I operate the sinks, toilet, etc. inside.

Our campers have all wintered outside in Connecticut. If a mild cold snap hits us before we winterize we plug in to shore power and run the propane furnace on its lowest setting with the interior cabinet doors near plumbing left open. That's been enough for a quick overnight dip into the upper 20s but we've never pushed it further. The better protected Ollie should do better. But we wouldn't try an entire winter unwinterized up here.

• Like 2

Stephanie and Dudley from CT.  2022 LE2, Hull #1150: Eggcelsior.

Tow vehicle: 2016 GMC Sierra 6.0 gas dually 4x4.

Our Oliver journey: Steph and Dud B's RV Screed

Where we've been RVing since 1999:

ALAZCACOCTDEFLGAIDILINIAKYLAMEMDMAMIMNMSMOMTNENVNHNMNYNCNDOHOKORPASCSDTNTXUTVTVAWAWVWIWYmed.jpg.b96241bad6752dec89d25af6ffbc8d99.jpg