So who all's Full Timing in an Oliver 17?

cruzer

Hi,

Just wondering who all is full-timing it in their Oliver and how it's working out for you. We did for a number of years BUT they were substantially larger units 35 to 40 ft.

Any particular challenges with durability/care/maintenance etc?

• Moderators

Cruzer,

Technomadia, (Cherie & Chris), are full timers and recently conducted a great interview with RV Travel TV on their nomadic lifestyle in the Oliver. The interview can be seen at:

http://www.rvtraveltv.com/?p=167

Mountainborn, (Larry & Betty), spent all but about 19 days last year in their Ollie. As owners of hull #3, they were on the road most of the last almost 3 years enjoying their trailer. While they've recently gone to the dark side and purchased a 36' 5th wheel (something about traveling with grandkids - so they say) ;) , Larry still checks in here and is a wealth of information.

Tumbleweed & Earthdancer, (Chuck & Geri), also have extensive long term experience in an Oliver, (Until they went to the dark side and joined the world of sun blockers in a 30' 5th wheel. Something about two adults and two medium sized dogs and wanting to be a "Mother Ship" for little eggs during inclement weather -so they say) ;)

While not a full timer, I have been averaging about 6 months of wandering pleasure with my "Wonder Egg" each year since my retirement in 2008.

With about 45 17' Olivers on the road there well may be some more full timers or extensive users out there. I'm sure you'll find us all very pleased with the overall quality, durability, and ease of care with our premium little trailers. Maintenance issues are rare and when they do occur, it is not unusual for the Oliver Travel Trailer folks to bend over backwards to make it right, even though they have halted the production line for the current time.

If one can "do the headwork" and adjust the space between their ears to the concept of actually living in such an efficient use of small space for a looooooong time, I can't imagine a better rolling palace to own.

Pete & "Bosker".    TV -  '18 F150 Super-cab Fx4; RV  - "The Wonder Egg";   '08 Elite, Hull Number 014.

Travel blog of 1st 10 years' wanderings - http://www.peteandthewonderegg.blogspot.com

visited-united-states-map (2).pngvisited-canadian-provinces-map.png

ABBCMBNBNLNSONPEQCSKYTALAKAZARCACOCTFLGAHIIDILINIAKSKYLAMEMDMAMIMNMSMOMTNENVNHNJNMNYNCNDOHOKORPAPRSCSDTNTXUTVTVAWAWVWIWYsm.jpg