Solar and ac

Dena Hill

9 hours ago, ScubaRx said:

I’m not sure if you missed anything, but picture this, if you will. You’ve had to travel, perhaps to a June wedding, maybe staged in the south or in the west, you made it through the ordeal and now you’ve got some free time so you decide to slowly make your way home, boondocking along the way thinking “this will defray some of the cost of this load of horse shite.” It’s HOT, daytime temps are consistently above 100°, it won’t cool off enough to sleep until well past midnight, if then. The ability to run the AC for even a short period of time to cool things down enough to go to sleep seems, at least to me, a pretty good option. 

Exactly!

travel trailer units for sale
Find Oliver Inventory Units for Sale
View Inventory
13 hours ago, Mike D. said:

Just wondering if your original question was answered?   The 1st two replies you received from John Davies and Steve and MA sum up the situation.  The link in John Davies post explains the details.   So now you know what your wonderful trailer will or won’t do in regards to running the AC off grid, only you can decide how you plan to use it.   Maybe you will use a generator, maybe not.  Perhaps you’ll use additional solar panels, some do, some don’t.  No wrong answers.  If you’d like to know more, you could do a search, there are several other posts that discuss the topic.   Let us know if you can’t find the answers, there are many here that will help you.

Yes, I did get the answer I was looking for and thank everyone who helped

17 hours ago, Mike and Carol said:

Wow.  Quite a first post.  

I have to agree with Sherry, a few (not many) of our members can be very tongue-in-cheek with their comments.

Most of us who have been here a long time stay because we want to help new owners.  We were new once too, and looking for answers.  It’s a very congenial group of owners and I hope we can all work to keep it that way.  Mike

Mike, you have always impressed me with your style of answers.  You always show concern and try to help with any questions.  Thanks.  Have a great weekend.

John

• Thanks 1
  • Like 2

John and Debbie, Beaverton, Oregon,  2017 Ford Expedition EL 4x4 3.5 liter Ecoboost, with heavy duty tow package. Hull #1290, twin bed with Truma package (a/c, furnace, hot water heater with electric antifreeze option), lithium pro package, picked up November 7, 2022

spacer.png

FYI: I ran the a/c on my LE2, while it was in my driveway, for 2 hours the other day, that test took my batteries down to 50%. Two and a half days of good sunshine had them back up to 100% with nothing else running. We have the Lithium Pro package on hull 1213.

I hope this helps.

• Thanks 2
  • Like 7

David & Kim | Chattanooga, TN | 2017 Ram 2500 Laramie 4x4, Hemi 6.4 | Legacy Elite II Twin, Hull# 1213

OllietimeCanadianProvinces.jpg.1e1f1e5bcc91acfa35375b7652b3b852.jpgOllietime US States.jpg