December 27, 2018 at 10:24 am #156909
IMPORTANT TECHNICAL SERVICE BULLETIN : 1Z9-P8W4L-11
IMMEDIATE ACTION REQUIRED
7-Pin Charge & Safety Breakaway Orientation on the Self-Resetting Breaker
2018 Oliver Legacy Elite II models built from August through November 2018
See sticker on lower shell on the street side to confirm the manufactured date on your trailer.
Oliver Travel Trailers was alerted that some of its trailers may have the charge wire and safety breakaway wires connected incorrectly at the 20 AMP self-resetting breaker. To our knowledge as of this writing, no person or equipment has suffered injury or loss due to this condition.
Owners with impacted year models should have the camper checked to ensure that the wires are connected properly.
Inspection and corrective action are only to be performed by qualified service technicians. For assistance in locating a qualified service technician or for any questions regarding this Technical Service Bulletin, contact the Oliver Travel Trailer Service Department using the information provided.
Checking the wiring orientation of the 7-Pin charge wire (black) and the emergency breakaway power wire (pink) to the self-resetting breaker.
To access the parts to be inspected open the access point and look inside to the right to see the parts.
The self-resetting breaker is located immediately to the right of the 60 AMP breaker. This will have a red rubber cover on it, pull back the red cover to expose the terminals. Also pull back the black corrugated wire protection to determine the colors of the wire
If incorrect, follow the steps detailed in the corrective action instruction
CORRECTIVE ACTION INSTRUCTIONS FOR 7-Pin Charge & Breakaway wire connections
**This work should only be carried out by a properly qualified RV technician**
1. Before undertaking any change to the wiring, ensure that the 7-Pin connector is unplugged from the tow vehicle and the self-resetting breaker is isolated from the batteries. This may be achieved by disconnecting the red 4ga wire from the battery using a ½” wrench.
2. Open the top of the red rubber cover to expose the terminals of the self-resetting breaker, then using a 3/8” wrench loosen and remove the nut that secures the pink wire to the right-hand terminal, carefully ease the ring connector off the terminal post and move out of the way of other wires.
3. Repeat the same process for the black wire located on the left terminal. Once it is free, position it on the right hand terminal, then secure it in place with the same nut you removed from that terminal. Torque the nut to 24 inch pounds. *Ensure that the red rubber cover is still in place around the breaker poles before securing wire.
4. Then take the pink wire and position it on the left-hand terminal and secure it with the nut you removed from that position, and torque the nut to 24 inch pounds.
5. Finally check your connections are tight and reposition the top of the red rubber cover ensuring the holes on the inside line up with the terminal posts on the self re-setting breaker. Relocate the black corrugated protective covering around the pink and black wires, if it was dislodged during the wire change process.
Once you have reconnected the battery and checked that the 60 AMP breaker has not tripped during this procedure, this concludes the resolution. If the 60 AMP breaker needs to be reset please refer to Fig. 1 and Fig 2. Below.
Note: The 60 AMP breaker can have a reset lever that is either Red or Yellow in color.
This shows the 60 AMP breaker in its tripped condition. It can be manually tripped by depressing the red button (1) in Fig-8.
A reset of the 60 AMP breaker is achieved by pushing the lever from the open to the closed position, in a successful reset the lever will remain in the closed position. See Fig-9.
Corrective action steps should be performed by a qualified RV service technician. For assistance in locating a qualified RV service technician or for any questions regarding this Technical Service Bulletin, contact the Oliver Travel Trailer Service Department at 866-205-2621.
POTENTIAL ITEMS NECESSARY FOR CORRECTIVE ACTION
- 3/8” Wrench
- 1/2” Wrench
- Torque Wrench, Inch Pounds
RV SERVICE CENTER LABOR TIME GUIDE
- Inspect Only, Wiring Good: 0.3 hrs Labor, No Parts, No Shop Supplies
- Inspect & Rewire: .5 hrs Labor, No Parts, No Shop Supplies
*Warranty repairs are not subject to Sales & Use Tax
For payment or assistance please contact the Oliver Travel Trailers Service Department at 866-205-2621 or via email at email@example.com
Please fill out the mailed inspection card and mail using the postage provided return envelope or click here to fill out the online inspection card. If the inspection and corrective action has been preformed by a third-party qualified RV technician, please include a copy of the receipt for reimbursement.
Director of Marketing for Oliver Travel Trailers
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.