-
Posts
80 -
Joined
-
Last visited
-
Days Won
1
Everything posted by Olive2Roam
-
Ironically, I just went through this when our awning began to jam because of a piece of debris. I was really annoyed that the bottom end cap screw was inaccessible and went hunting for a right angle screw driver. But even with that the screws were pretty locked up and took an effort to remove. I ended up replacing the bottom end cap screw with a hex cap screw so I could (next time) remove it with a wrench or socket. You won't realize how good @Tom and Doreen tips above are until you need them. 🙂
- 1 reply
-
- 2
-
-
If you want to consider the smaller LE I check out this post. We have been very happy with the smaller unit.
-
Just to close the loop on this, I was banking on the fact that Oliver may eventually be able to get more weatherstripping from Lippert, however, it seems that that still has not happened. So we tried a couple of different solutions to clean the weatherstripping before ordering the black, and lo and behold a solution of bleach and dish soap brought things nearly back to the original white. Minimal amount of scrubbing. Soaked for about 20 minutes.
-
Good tips. Thanks. Yes, the humidity is the bane of our existence here in Nashville.
-
-
Thanks for the link for that cleaner. If I don't swap the weather stripping out for black, I will definitely check out this product. Bob
-
I will for sure check the profile. And your thoughts about black are growing on me. I think I will give that a try to eliminate the need to replace it again 2 years down the road. Thanks! Bob
-
Looks like it would work in the 2024. Did they have white available? I didn't see a color sector.
-
That’s great information. Thanks for sharing. I will check out the Steele product. I would be curious about the Pelland as well. Let us know how that works out. Thanks again!
-
Does anybody have a supplier for the weatherstripping that goes around the windows in a 2024? That stuff is nearly impossible to get clean and I would just like to replace it all. It comes from Lippert, but Oliver hasn’t been able to get them to provide any replacement rolls of the stuff. Appreciate your thoughts. Bob
-
Interesting problem, but it sounds like you are on the right track. The volume of condensate coming from the hose at the rear of our trailer during hot/humid weather is high and starts almost immediately when starting up the AC. According to Truma it should be possible to clear a blocked condensate drain by getting up on the roof and clearing any debris (like leaves) blocking traps and the gap underneath the outdoor unit. Have you gotten up there to check things out? https://support.truma.com/s/article/Clean-Aventa-condensate-traps?language=en_US
-
The process went pretty much exactly as planned. All seems to be well as we are charging up. Hopefully the accuracy of the SOC will improve. (I recently had a battery shut down when the app was indicating a 35% SOC.) Thanks for the assist.
-
Thanks, @Snackchaser. I'll check those parameters.
-
@Rolind, Thanks for the info. I can't run the AC off our 260AH battery bank, but I have a small space heater that may do the trick. Thanks!
-
Dreaded LE1 Black Tank dump valve replacement FIX!
Olive2Roam replied to bugeyedriver's topic in Mechanical & Technical Tips
Makes me thankful we went with the composting toilet! 🙂 -
Hey all, I am 2 years into our Ollie ownership and have yet to calibrate the SOC (State of Charge) for our batteries (12V, 130A Lithionics). It is clear that the SOC displayed in the app, and the actual SOC are out of sync, so I am planning to calibrate tomorrow. The only question I have is that in the Lithionics document (attached), number 5 says "As time goes on observe the SOC value going down until eventually the BMS will reach the NeverDie reserve mark and turns off the power. Turn off your loads and press the BMS On/Off/Reset button to wake up the BMS." Is the On/Off/Reset button referred to simply the power button on the top of the battery? I assume so since the batteries have an internal BMS. Also, do you have a preferred (quick) method for draining the batteries from their full charge to the cutoff? Thanks in advance! FAQ What is SOC Drift RevA.pdf
-
We are in Nashville, approx 1.5 hours from Hohenwald. That is the biggest reason that we went with Oliver. Bob
-
Very compelling reply. 👍
-
Thanks, Rob. I will take a look at the Fogatti. I am open to all options. Also, we have an LE I so that may create different space limitations from the LE II. Bob
-
John, As always, very helpful. And the LP only model would be an interesting option.
-
Thank you, Scotty. As far as needing more room under the bunk, so the suburban would not fit into the aquago metal "box", is that correct? So there is some reorganizing of the space under the bunk? I would probably look to have OTT do the work. Bob
-
Not to rehash any particular issues with the Truma on demand water heater that I have experienced, but I am considering replacing the Truma with the Suburban. My primary reasons would be reliability and serviceability. I don't ever want to be 800 miles from home with no hot water if I can help it. I know that there are no perfect solutions, but I want to reduce the likelihood of an outage. Based on some other threads here I see that some have chosen the suburban route, and been quite happy. The on demand is great when it works, but my experience has been less than satisfactory in the nearly 2 years of using it. Any thoughts on the wisdom of making that switch? Thanks!
-
Here is a data point. We have done 34 states in the last 22 months. Just over 20,000 miles, 125 nights in the Ollie. We hope to complete the lower 48 next year.
-
What a scare that must have been. Glad you are ok. I wonder if it helps that attaching an Andersen anti-sway hitch requires me to lock the coupler on the ball and then raise the ball quite a ways in order to get the hitch attached? If the coupler were not secure on the ball I would never be able to connect the Andersen,.
