Recent Hull 615 mods, plumbing, heat ducting and interior wall

There have been plenty of other discussion and "how to do it" on most of my recent modifications. In fact I relied to a great extent on member posts on what they did and where they got the parts to do it. The modifications I made, in no particular order are:

- Installed quarter turn PEX shut-off valves in the hot and cold water PEX piping just prior to the outdoor shower.

- Insulated the heck out of the space below the drivers side bunk bed with adhesive Reflectix. Two to four layers, depending on the available space

- Used the well documented John Davies method of providing interior wall bump protection and anti breath condensation during cold weather use. (I had a wet mattress last Elk season just from my breath condensing on the wall near my face.)

- Modified the bathroom heating duct with rigid flex ducting and rigid elbows to greatly improve the air flow. Almost doubled the velocity of exiting air!

- Insulated the heck out of the undersink area of the bathroom, using the aforementioned adhesive backed Reflectix. Four to six layers in this case.

- Used pipe insulation to cover all exposed PEX piping in the undersink area of the bathroom.

- Installed a fixed bathroom faucet in the bathroom.

- Installed a Scanvik Shower Mixer and shower hose to replace the prior "extendable" shower.

- Installed shut-off valves in all four water connections under the bathroom sink.

- Installed a marine deck hatch in place of the prior washcloth rack. Installed the pump switch in the lower left corner of the deck hatch.

Photos will also show a prior modification where I replaced the kitchen faucet with one more suited to how I do dishes...

Photos follow. Enjoy!

adhesiveReflectix.jpg

newshower.jpg

Newshoweroverall.jpg

scanvikMixer.jpg

shutoffvalves.jpg

SHwithflowcontrol.jpg

InsulMod1.jpg

InsullMod2.jpg

InsulMod3.jpg

rigidDucting.jpg

Edited by theOrca
  • Thanks 1
  • Like 4

theOrca,  2020 Legacy Elite II, Twin, Hull 615

Tow Vehicle - 2016 Ram 1500, Hemi, 8 Speed with 1500# rear springs and Goodyear bags.

travel trailer units for sale
Find Oliver Inventory Travel Trailers for Sale
View Inventory
17 hours ago, theOrca said:

- Modified the bathroom heating duct with rigid flex ducting and rigid elbows to greatly improve the air flow. Almost doubled the velocity of exiting air!

How far down were you able to install the rigid ducting, within the vanity or further under the floor toward the galley?

2020 OLEll, Twin, 579

2012 Silverado 1500 4x4

No installed solar, Renogy 40A DC-DC charger, 460Ah LFP battery bank/Victron SmartShunt, Hughes Autoformer, dual Lagun tables

17 hours ago, Ronbrink said:

How far down were you able to install the rigid ducting, within the vanity or further under the floor toward the galley?

Just to the point it turns under the floor.  The kinks and restrictions were between that point and the vent!

• Like 2

theOrca,  2020 Legacy Elite II, Twin, Hull 615

Tow Vehicle - 2016 Ram 1500, Hemi, 8 Speed with 1500# rear springs and Goodyear bags.