Hello from Georgia

crochetdiva

My husband and I are planning on full timing. We have narrowed it down to jayco, coachmen, and Oliver. I have dropped Oliver an email asking a few questions but I'm still waiting for a response. One question is if you can have a hitch for a mobility scooter on the back of an Ollie?

Any time you hang something on the back of a travel trailer, you really have to be careful of your weight distribution and especially tongue weight, or in this case, lack of it. I'm sure the engineers on here can further explain that.

Stan

Stan and Carol

Blacksburg, VA

2014 Dodge Durango 5.7 Hemi

2014 Legacy Elite II Standard  Hull 63

• Moderator+

Robert is out in Quartzsite, Arizona at the RV/Gem Show. I'm sure he'll get back to you soon.

As Stan stated, weight distribution gets to be an issue whenever weight is added at either end of the trailer. If excessive weight is added to the front, the tongue weight goes up subtracting from the tow vehicles weight carry capacity and possibly overloading the rear axle. If excessive weight is added to the rear, the tongue weight goes down which can lead to towing instability in the form of the trailer wanting to "fishtail". These issues would be true of any trailer, not just the Oliver.

That said, your ability to carry something hanging off the rear end is dependant on the weight of that something. Do you know what your mobility scooter would weigh?

Steve, Tali and our dog Rocky plus our beloved Storm, Maggie, Lucy and Reacher (all waiting at the Rainbow Bridge)

2008 Legacy Elite I - Outlaw Oliver, Hull #026 | 2014 Legacy Elite II - Outlaw Oliver, Hull #050 | 2022 Silverado High Country 3500HD SRW Diesel 4x4 

801469912_StatesVisitedTaliandSteve08-23-2021-I.jpg.26814499292ab76ee55b889b69ad3ef0.jpg1226003278_StatesVisitedTaliandSteve08-23-2021-H.jpg.dc46129cb4967a7fd2531b16699e9e45.jpg