Options advice

seawall

Hey Everybody,

I am getting ready to complete my order for 2015 Legacy Elite 18.5. I am wondering if there are/were options that anyone wishes they did/did not order? I will be a solo traveler. I would like to have the ability to boondock for as long as a week. So far I am looking at:

Wineguard Omni Directional antenna.

Rear view camera (would like to have a surveillance set up as well for 360 view - if possible?)

200w solar pkg.no sway hitch

front and rear propane quick connects

600w power inverter.

I am also new to travel trailer lifestyle. I have been researching and decided only an Oliver for me! I am very excited!

Any thoughts on the options?

I am looking forward to meeting all of you!

Chris

• Moderators

Welcome to the board, and congrats on your decision to purchase an Oliver.

We love our solar, and how it helps to extend boondocking time.Making our own power also allows us to choose sites without hookups in state, provincial and doe parks, which are often nicer. Or, just good leftover sites because we rarely make reservations when we travel.

If we had to choose again, three things I would leave off: the microwave (can't use it because we mostly camp without hookups, and don't use the one at home very much), the quick connect/disconnect for bbq (because we primarily cook on the fire, and often don't even take the bbq grill with us anymore), and the KingDome (cancelled the satellite service after the first year, and never looked back.)

I like the antenna idea a lot. We bought a small flat internal antenna just to be able to pick up the local news and weather.

Everyone has a different camping style, so my recommendations might not be as helpful for your style. I'd say when in doubt, pre-wire, and add later.

Sherry

2008 Ram 1500 4 × 4

2008 Oliver Elite, Hull #12

Florida and Western North Carolina, or wherever the truck goes....

400 watts solar. DC compressor fridge. No inverter. 2 x 105 ah agm batteries .  Life is good.