Starlink Gen 3 with Cradlepoint WAN connection

Posted (edited)

I know there are a lot of Starlink installation threads but my question is specifically about using it with Cradlepoint. When I had my cradlepoint installed in 2018 it was the 2nd one installed I believe. I know at some point OTT offered it OEM and I am not sure how many OTT owners actually use one. But since mine is not officially licensed through Cradlepoint there is not much support for it. Albeit, usually not needed. But I am curious to see if anyone has Starlink connected to the WAN port on their Cradlepoint for a seamless integration with LTE. So it will auto switch when LTE is not available. 

Best, 
Mike

Edited by rideadeuce

- Mike

Nashville, TN

2018 Elite II - Spirit of Adventure Hull #308  - Toyota Tundra 

travel trailer units for sale
Find Oliver Inventory Travel Trailers for Sale
View Inventory
Posted (edited)

Not sure about the Cradlepoint product. I installed a Pepwave router and in their brochure the suggest a Starlink connection through the WAN input. I imagine it depends on the automatic switching capabilities of the router.

However, 2018 is a bit old in router-years!

Edited by jd1923

Chris & John in Prescott, AZ | 2016 EII #113 | '01 Ram 2500 Cummins!

Posted (edited)

Yes, but I am glad to report it was plug and play for the Cradlepoint and Starlink through the WAN port. Only had to drag the WAN connection to the priority spot and will automatically use LTE when it is not available. Also, put the Starlink router in bypass mode. Pretty awesome, took about 10 min to get it up and running. Just got the Starlink hardware installed today, now waiting on the mount. 

Edited by rideadeuce
  • Like 1

- Mike

Nashville, TN

2018 Elite II - Spirit of Adventure Hull #308  - Toyota Tundra